Our hobby in jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm gonna say this, all of those trees they burned annualy can give all of us hundreds more years of barbecuing before it all runs out. I know they replant, but the rate those trees grow can't match the rate they were burning away for a mere spectacle. I'm an Ag, and I've always thought that way.

But hey, you can disagree. It's a free country. And that's what's great about this country.

:thumb:

The point about the Bonfire is wrong as well. As a graduate of THE University of Texas, that married an Ag, I contribute annually to the Student Bonfire held off campus. While I mock many things maroon, I respect tradition and students that are willing to work together to build something greater than themselves.

scientifically speaking (if you believe in that sort of thing?) we as humans or humanoids have been cooking with fire for around 2 million years, and while we share a variety of similar traits with other animals no other species on earth does this but us, its part of what makes us who we are, and its not going to change anytime soon. :-D

I've always thought most of these people are just looking to raise their property values so they can sell after buying low due to the known BBQ joints or whatever.

Similar to what's going on with d#c#wads that buy lower priced housing next to racetracks and then complain about the noise and band others together to get it shut down.

I've always thought most of these people are just looking to raise their property values so they can sell after buying low due to the known BBQ joints or whatever.

Similar to what's going on with d#c#wads that buy lower priced housing next to racetracks and then complain about the noise and band others together to get it shut down.

Now that's an angle. I'm so dumb, I thought they were just a bunch of entitled whiners that have been told that they are all winners since they were born.:redface:

The Florida story was just on Fox news. They took sides with the homeowner. Hopefully someone with a tad of common sense can get the ordinance changed.

Well, this is some bull**** right here. They are trying to take one of the things that I love about the city and ban it? I think it’s time for a new city council… maybe some actual Texans.

I don't live in Texas right now, but I plan on returning there at some point. I'ma be ticked if there's no Franklin BBQ when I get back.

Certainly, this neighborhood existed before Franklin moved in in 2011, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back