Operation BBQ Relief in Louisiana PRON heavy

This is my home and I am so grateful for the efforts of all that have stepped in to help. We have literally hundreds of family, friends and coworkers that have been directly hit by this disaster. We personally know 3 people that lost their life. I have been thru dozens of storms and several floods here in S Louisiana and can tell you that the devastation is mind blowing by comparison. We have several friends that became part of the Cajun Navy and those as well as all involved are nothing short of heroic. Some friends have been hit twice this year with the flooding in March and now this past flood. It's crushing and heartbreaking. Our home was not flooded but water definitely was close enough to warrant constant monitoring. We saw a video via a drone that showed whole subdivisions less than a 1/4 mile away sitting in several feet of water. I don't feel blessed and I don't feel lucky because it some ways it seems cruel to think that. The flooding just didn't come our way. I do think one more day and that might not be true. Just know that all of the people here will never forget the help, prayers and awareness shown by everyone. On behalf of those you might never hear from I say thank you and God bless you all.

Another donation option - since this kind of stuff will keep probably happening - is to get on a monthly type deal where you just pick an amount and it dings your credit card each month.

Just like OBR, Thatgrimmguy and countless others that are helping, they are not looking for recognition, they just Help! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

It is very Inspirational! :clap:

I remember being a youngster and helping save our city along with other kids in my age group from a severe flood that would have devastated our area...It stays with you forever!!! When people band together we can accomplish the impossible. :thumb:

Last edited:
In just over five years. Hopefully it takes MUCH longer to reach the next million. If ya know what I mean.

14046075_1069638093126977_10498888900140107_n.jpg

Back