THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My family and coworkers think I'm pretty good then I go to a bash (we've got one here in Texas next month) and i get reminded there's a bunch of phenomenal cooks on this site.

However, I can drink beer pretty good.

^^ This^^. It's always good to wait for compliments, and to acknowledge it when someone outshines you... the old 'it's a journey, not a destination' kind of thing. We can't ever stop learning.

Pitmaster is, to me, a job title.

As Stubbs says on his label, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm a cook.". Anything else seems to me just patting oneself on the back.

Definitely a rookie! I can do steaks, pork chops, chicken, sausage, loins, poppers etc. pretty good but have never turned out a good brisket. Mrs. Lobo does a great brisket so I bow to her on those occasions. Poor old OK Joe offset sits lonely too much of the time.
Recently it was sitting kinda crooked, the pads the legs/wheels sit on sinking into the ground, so I decided to level it up by myself. Couldn't lift it by myself so I put the hi-lift jack under the end of the fire box and started jackin it up. Metal was thinner than I thought and it cratered that end. got a fist size hole in the end. Still works but needs a new FB. Lookin for some pipe now.
Maybe, one of these days I will be fair to middlin on briskets!

Back