BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
Well ladies, I completely rebuilt the permission structure. Reduced from 38 separate groups down to 16. So please test things out and make sure you have everythign you should. What i have NOT done yet is set the quotas and limits needed to keep us from going over our storage limits. (currently 240GB). Also, everyone has carte blanch today, meaning i have not put in the restrictions to non subscribers. So be prepared some members will suddenly be faced with quotas or restrictions(same as on the old site). Most quotas for both subscribers and non subscribers will be increased substantially from previous ones since our new server is much bigger and can handle more.

so, check out your access to things like the photo gallery. signatures, attachments, profile, special interest forums, etc.. With the amount of changes i did, i had to miss something.

phil

I do not have N&P, (can’t see the forum at all) and do not have the ability to request it.
I had it when we first moved over.

1713703437263.png

I have the option in my preferences now, I toggled off and on.
It is not an available forum yet.

Yes, those are there. (I have not checked yes on gaming.)

1713727408932.png

Yes, those are there. (I have not checked yes on gaming.)

View attachment 211463
i removed you from all 4 forums and cleared your preferences.

check to see if they are gone from your index

then update preferences and check the forums again.

thx for helpin. saves me from logging in and out multiple times.

Ok, I typed yes in Guns and N&P. Hit save and the Gun question disappeared.

1713728398089.png

Currently I have no special interest forums available.

1713728468978.png

i think you caught me midstream of making changes in the sequence. i just tried and it looks good as far as checking permissions. one more time please. :)

I typed yes in Guns and N&P. Same thing, guns in my preferences disappeared after I saved.
I have no special forums at the time.

heres why it disappeared.

and the cron job runs every few minutes. So maybe we werent waiting long enough. timeframe depends on where you hit in the cycle.
1713734897760.png

It helps if you also have an active email address with which to update a password. Thanks BBQchef33 for rescuing my dumb self. I was suffering the dumb.

Back