THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

that sounds like a winner......cutoff going to be 49?......I cannot wait to see how all of these BIG rigs are all going to fit.......me, mini-rig, same spot, happy as a clam....will be in on Thursday evening.....keeping Fords stool warm for him....

that sounds like a winner......cutoff going to be 49?......I cannot wait to see how all of these BIG rigs are all going to fit.......me, mini-rig, same spot, happy as a clam....will be in on Thursday evening.....keeping Fords stool warm for him....
I'll be there by 6 Thursday.

Well, I figured there had to be some reason for you driving to a farther away contest. Especially after you've already been to Libertyville...

Scotty ,I think after we talked about me pit bitchin for him he had 2nd thoughts about me learning his chicken recipe.After all we could end up in the U.P. again.I guess I am going to have to break down and take one of the high $$$$$$ classes this winter.Or I should have paid more attention when I took Alexs.I think I slept thru the chicken part.:oops:

We haven't set a cut off number yet. We are working on the placements to get everyone in. Who is planning on coming in Thursday evening? That will really help with placement.

I will be there Thursday, I think that Cowboy Dan is planning on heading in too....he has a hog ass production hauler, Ford.....I think that some of the other Marietta guys.....

Sarge hopefully this is what you will see next year driving away with one of the tropheys???????

Gee, Pigman,

I'm beginning to think you may be a little scared to compete here in Nelsonville. :lol:

No, really, I know your situation and I feel for you. I hope you can make it up to judge. Looking forward to having a drink and a bowl of chili with you.

Sarge

Last edited:
Smoke'n Ice would like to become a part of this contest. Will arrive sometime on friday and need a 20X20 (space for trailer (6X12 with ramp), fec, traeger, and car) 110, 20 amp and water. Will be sending app via snail mail on monday along with check.

Will be visiting family in Deleware, OH and some will probably make the trip to nelsonville.

Here's Your Sign

No, really, Bear had this done and it just got in. It 3'X6' and will be proudly hanging at the head of the Square for the comp. Make sure y'all come by and visit.

3977235096_63567aa31d.jpg

What do you think if we have some smaller ones made so we can officially designate "The Mine Tavern" as the "official brethren watering hole" for the weekend?

Sarge

P.S.

We are now at 41 TEAMS!

Looks like we may have to tear down a few old buildings to make room for everyone.

Hey Pigman,

Nice rig, but we thought it needed some work. Here is our suggestion to make your truck look... better.

Sarge and Bear.

3976880963_48f4fe9540.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

That was good.

Bear got a good laugh. He and I are working a 24 hour shift together at the EMS station.

Hope to see you in 13 days.

Sarge

I do know some firemen that were happy on Sept 26th.. They had fatties for breakfast, ribs for lunch and pulled pork for supper. I did a big cook next door to the firehouse and thought I would treat them. They asked if they hit the lottery and how much they owed. The response was just a pic. But I did go over turn in time told them they would get them at noon. give or take 4/5 minutes bul****ting before pic was takin.

That was good.

Bear got a good laugh. He and I are working a 24 hour shift together at the EMS station.

Hope to see you in 13 days.

Sarge

Last edited:
I will be there Thursday, I think that Cowboy Dan is planning on heading in too....he has a hog ass production hauler, Ford.....I think that some of the other Marietta guys.....

Kevin should be there Thursday as well....we're still debating..either late thursday or first thing in the am friday..

You got room for us in your toy hauler Rob? : )

JayAre-B-Q will be rolling in mid-Day on Thursday...hope to get the spot at the bank parking lot!

45 teams

We are up to 45 teams in Nelsonville. We will not be ready for teams until Thursday evening at 6pm. We have to let the downtown businesses empty out before we start closing streets.

If anyone gets in earlier we can arrange for an area to drop trailers so you can explore the area easier if you want. We have another planning meeting 10/6 so we will get everything worked out for all the teams.

BBQ Competition Etiquette for the Public

We are working on a handout for the public to help them understand the competition. Please let me know if anyone has other comments or suggestions we should include. Thank you for your input.:icon_blush:

BBQ Competition Etiquette
Samples and meeting the teams

1. BBQ teams love to talk about their cooking and there cookers. Remember this is a professional competition. Between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm BBQ teams are preparing their entries for judging and may not be very talkative. Please take this into consideration, remember these teams have invested a lot of hours and money to compete.

2. Do not enter BBQ team cooking areas unless you are invited to do so. Teams are very busy and have routines that must be completed.

3. Food Samples – BBQ teams are not required to make food samples available to the public. Public food samples are entirely at the discretion of the BBQ team.

If a team does not have samples available please respect their wishes. Do not take anything from any teams cooking area; this may be their BBQ entry you just destroyed!!

Back