Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival, Nelsonville, OH 10/16 & 17

oh, love the smack talk, and hang with the best there as well.......know Ford, and enjoy cooking against him....plenty of experience cooking....and respect him much......
As the contest gets closer, much more smack to be spoken.....just grateful that another Ohio contest has 1, not only a large payday, but, 2, is getting up to the Kettering numers....gives me hope for next years contest in Cleveland.....
really looking forward to seeing downtown filled in Nelsonville...and getting a chance to keep those damn shigs from repeating....

Why, is Troy cooking this contest?
Thankfully no. Otherwise MI could take top 3 easy. :biggrin: Time we kicked some IN butt as they've thought of this contest as their private playground the last few years with Ribs and Bibs and Shigs. :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

I'm pretty sure Troy will be getting ready for his trip to The Jack. But he does have a bunch of travel money with 3 GC's in 6 weeks.

And it's been strange year for me. Based on the books I keep I'm real close to break even this year so a good showing at Nelsonville could put me in the black. Kind of exciting turning point in competition.

Thankfully no. Otherwise MI could take top 3 easy. :biggrin: Time we kicked some IN butt as they've thought of this contest as their private playground the last few years with Ribs and Bibs and Shigs. :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

That's cause all the teams go to Libertyville...

Now I know Nelsonville is back and alive when the teams are talking smack. With everyones help Nelsonville is at 36 teams with Ford's entry. To the best of our knowledge that is a new record. The old one being 33. We are actually discussing a cut off number, ONLY DISCUSSING. There is still room at the inn.

Just a little extra Nelsonville is having a Backyard BBQ contest on the evening of 10/16. Categories - Pork Loin, Chicken Wings & Dessert. Each category is paying 1st $150, 2nd $100, and 3rd $75. More information at www.ohiobbq.com.

You still have to win though, right? I managed to walk away with a couple thousand from last year's Libertyville contest... So it's there...

Attachments

• GC2.jpg
    GC2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 70
One other plus is I can pull in Thursday night, hang out with folks in the bar and walk back to the motorhome after. :biggrin: :icon_cool Even get a good burger. And of course I'll stay far away on Friday.:icon_devil

One other plus is I can pull in Thursday night, hang out with folks in the bar and walk back to the motorhome after.
and they take care of ya at the bar there too.....and yeah, Friday night....I pass as well...... but, we should be down Thursday too.....have to get my spot in front of the salon/spa.....some great bartering there....and the pizza shop

I recieved an email from the organizers stating they had 40 entries and are talking about capping, so if you are planning on coming to Nelsonville get your apps in soon

Also we need 20+ CBJs so if you can go to www.ohiobbq.com and follow the link for judges it would be greatly appreciated.

40??? in nelsonville???? Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Steve

Looks like I'll need a runner at Nelsonville. Carol is going to have to stay home with a sick dog. Surgery will be the Monday or Tuesday before the contest so no way she can travel. So if anybody is comingto visit and wants to watch a crazy man on Saturday morning let me know. You're welcome to hang out both dats if you want.

Looks like I'll need a runner at Nelsonville. Carol is going to have to stay home with a sick dog. Surgery will be the Monday or Tuesday before the contest so no way she can travel. So if anybody is comingto visit and wants to watch a crazy man on Saturday morning let me know. You're welcome to hang out both dats if you want.

we can probably find someone for you Ford if you need. Let me know

Steve

Ford, will be able to get someone for ya....I even promise that they will not shake the boxes....too much..........sorry about the dog......you can use mine as a mascot over the weekend.....

Peoples choice....during turn-ins....maybe not the best idea.......any chance on changing the times?

Everyone involved with turning this comp around last year and saving it you did a great job. In 1 year you have the numbers. I will know by monday if I am coming and will let you know then. If I come I will be judging. And maybe taking pics of all.

OMG 40 teams in Nelsonville!!!

OMG 40 teams in Nelsonville greater than we ever expected.

Ford-I was just looking at were to place you. We may put you right in front of the turn in area I need to check on all the spaces, but I will get you as close as I can.

Rob-I am open for suggestions on the "Best Of". You have been at a lot of comps. What works best? Give me some options and I can work with it.

Ain't nothing set in stone yet, except there is going to be some serious BBQing in Nelsonville in a few weeks, hot damm!!!

Everyone involved with turning this comp around last year and saving it you did a great job. In 1 year you have the numbers. I will know by monday if I am coming and will let you know then. If I come I will be judging. And maybe taking pics of all.

Gee, Pigman,

I'm beginning to think you may be a little scared to compete here in Nelsonville. :lol:

No, really, I know your situation and I feel for you. I hope you can make it up to judge. Looking forward to having a drink and a bowl of chili with you.

Sarge

I am open for suggestions on the "Best Of".

Maybe 1:30-3:30, depending on what time awards are going to be.....it would just be difficult to do during turn in time....I was not sure what time they were planning on awards....are we providing the containers for the samples? It will all be fun, no matter what.....

We will supply the sample containers and a pork butt to cook. We still have to do some final changes so I will work on the times.

Back