Nutritional Intelligence - Beans

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Last edited:
I buy the zatarians and Louisiana boxed dirty rice, gumbo, jambalaya...I always add a can of pinto or blackies, sometimes both. It's not really dirty rice, gumbo nor jambalaya anyhow. Then I just toss in whatever leftover meat I have at the end. It's one of my favorite meals.

-D

Googooly says:
"Beans are nutrient dense with high fiber and starch contents. Thus, they're frequently considered part of the vegetable food group. They may be further classified as a “starchy vegetable,” along with potatoes and squash."
So make up a new poem.
Ed

Soups, stews, chili, bowl etc etc.
Link to health and nutrition featuring beans. So when anyone attempts to harsh your mellow about beans, type of beans, quantity of beans, frequency of beans- you need to make a decision on the circumstance.
Educate or just smile and walk away.

Link to short articles on bean nutrition

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/beans/

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-beans-theyre-good-for-your-heart/
Thanks for the links.
My favorites are anasazi, pintos and blacks. Made a pot of anasazi's with jalapeno cornbread to use up the thanksgiving ham. Hard to beat! :grin:

I buy the zatarians and Louisiana boxed dirty rice, gumbo, jambalaya...I always add a can of pinto or blackies, sometimes both. It's not really dirty rice, gumbo nor jambalaya anyhow. Then I just toss in whatever leftover meat I have at the end. It's one of my favorite meals.

-D

I picked up some zatarains boxed red beans and rice mix... after seeing you mention it in the past. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

As far as I know.... Texas chili stands on it's own.

Googooly says:
"Beans are nutrient dense with high fiber and starch contents. Thus, they're frequently considered part of the vegetable food group. They may be further classified as a “starchy vegetable,” along with potatoes and squash."
So make up a new poem.
Ed

The ripened ovary or ovaries of a seed-bearing plant, together with accessory parts, containing the seeds and occurring in a wide variety of forms. Beans are classified as a legume, as they are the seed of a leguminous plant. Likewise, they are fruits, as they contain seeds that develop from the ovary of the plant (that is, from a pod of a plant). And anything that bears seeds is a fruit. Botanically, beans are classified as fruits.

So, with that: Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel, so eat your beans at every meal!

:mrgreen:

My wife and I love beans. They rock.

Pinto beans are our favorite.

Good post, Adams. :thumb:

Back