THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ehk49

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a non-bbq dish, but this is for sure one of my favorite venison backstop dishes. I can't take credit for the recipe. I got it off of Cabela's web site, but.... venison backstrap stuffed with pesto, mozzarella and bread crumbs. Venison gets roll cut, and marinated in soy sauce, red wine, lemon juice, garlic. Brown it in cast iron and throw it in the oven at 350. the stuffing is so good, it would taste good on cardboard.

Attachments

Last edited:
Looks delicious from here!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a non-bbq dish, but this is for sure one of my favorite venison backstop dishes.

We love all sorts of recipes around here. If you're willing to share the actual recipe, I'll bet several of us would try it some time.

Keep 'em coming!

Well, since ya asked, here's the recipe. I've used this on pork tenderloin with good results and it would be great with beef tenderloin as well:

INGREDIENTS
• Venison backstrap
• Cabela's Open Season All Purpose Seasoning
• Butcher's twine*

Marinade:***
*- Juice of 1 lemon***
*- ½ cup soy sauce***
*- ¼ cup red wine****
- 3 tbs vegetable oil***
*- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce***
*- 1 clove worth of minced garlic****
- Pepper

Stuffing:***
*-*½ cup bread crumbs***
*- ½ cup olive oil***
*- 1/4 cup chopped basil***
*- 2 cloves worth of minced garlic***
*- 1/2 cup pesto****
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS

1. Roll cut loin to ½".
2. Mix marinade ingredients into a large Ziploc Freezer Bag and insert loin.
3. Marinade for 6-8 hours.
4. Mix all stuffing ingredients 30 minutes prior to use.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Take loin out of marinade and lay flat on table and add stuffing evenly across.
7. Roll loin and secure with twine.
8. Generously apply olive oil to the loin and season with Cabela's Open Season All Purpose Seasoning.
9. Add 2 tbs of olive oil to skillet and heat medium high.
10. Brown loin in skillet on all sides. Should take about 10 minutes.
11. Transfer to oven and cook for 10-20 minutes depending on doneness desired.
12. Garnish with chopped basil and lemon.

Back