THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200676883_200676883

30 dollars off the XL and discount code for another $20 off: 278109

I saw this on the Solo Stove Group on FB. Do not know if it will work or not but a lady posted an image of her order showing $50 off.

$40 off the regular one with the discount code drops the price to $69.99

I have the XL and it works good. I do not think these go on sale very often so I wouldn't hesitate if you are on the fence thinking about getting one.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
A 6lb maul is cheaper. Out of curiosity how many times of banging the heavy hammer ta see a 14"-16" finished.

-D

A 6lb maul is cheaper. Out of curiosity how many times of banging the heavy hammer ta see a 14"-16" finished.

-D

True on the cost, also a lot cheaper than a 28 ton log splitter. I guess it depends on how your lower back feels. Also depends on the type of wood you are trying to split.

YMMV as they say.

Just used mine to split wood for the cold snap expected this week. It makes quick work of straight wood. Any knots or twisted trees and it's not so great. Could take 2-3 swings with my 3LB hammer or 6. Depends on the log. I prefer it to my hydraulic log splitter as it doesn't make projectiles out of stubborn pieces. Some of those logs split suddenly and launch. Not safe for the dogs to be outside with the splitter.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I couldn't pass it up and went ahead and ordered the XL version. Both the $30 off and the $20 off discount worked together, so all in with taxes $108.

Is buying a Kindling Kracker on sale while not owning a stick burner like buying a couple boxes of ammo on sale for a caliber of gun you don't own (yet)?
Asking for a friend, etc...
:mrgreen:

Tell your friend that you don't really have to have a stick burner to have the need for a Kindling Kracker. Smaller cookers like gravity feeds, WSM's, drums etc have needs for smaller pieces. I have a large commercial rotisserie smoker that uses large splits and it's nice to have the KK for splitting down pieces for use in my other, smaller cookers. Otherwise, I would have no use for one.

Thanks,

Robert

I love my XL, well worth the purchase price. A maul is cheaper but I’ve gotten people who don’t know how to split wood with a maul to split wood for me with the XL-and that has paid for the extra cost!

I believe the inner ring diameter is 9”.

-D

One advantage of the KK is the ends are often not square to the length of the piece and the KK doesn't care. With the maul you must find a way to stand the piece up. I have both a maul (10# I think) and the XL KK. Sometimes the maul is better, often the KK is.

I think I have a couple old axe and Maul heads that I can use to make one or more and spend the $$ on Protein

I also have a electric / hydraulic press that I could add an adaptor to split wood!

Last edited:
I was simply curious, looks like yer still swinging something, probably bending over ta pick it up as well.
Up here at the Cracker Shack, Home of the Honky, I've found splitting wood ta be the very best stretch fer the back and shoulders... heaviest I own I'd a 8#, so a nod of respect ta Bruce fer blasting away with a 10.

-D

I did the 6 pound maul very briefly. I get plenty of exercise at work and my repaired hernia doesn't like the swinging of a maul. Kindling Cracker XL works like a charm. I also added an electric log splitter which is a true game changer.

Back