North Texas Bash - Spring 2015 (New Location!!! - Please Read for More Information)

Am I the only one from Central Texas interested in going? It would be nice to be closer but doesn't make any sense to move it for 1 person. Also cannot guarantee I will be there. If I get my SF in time I would drag it along for everyone to see. Is May 30th weekend graduation for anyone? I know ours is June 2nd. Hopefully now that peeps has posted to Q-talk more will see it like I did. There is a local comp the 30th but I am not sure if I will go since this will be my first year. I may get my a$$ kicked earlier in the spring and get discouraged.

Which Park? Most parks on Lavon have been closed for a while. Put me down as Maybe - I cant predict the future that far- I could be Dead by then .

I vote for same Park as last time.

If it's HOT that weekend I'll be busy not being there...........

I think I should be able to make it this time out. I flaked on the last one.

May 30th is now on my calendar.

So can anyone give me a brief description of what to expect?

Does everyone bring their own cooker to make food? I don't have a small trailer...the only one I have is 5x10 and metal..so it's a monster.

If I were to bring a cooker, it would be my Lone Star Insulated Vertical I'm expecting soon...but that trailer would be overkill for it.

Everyone just kind of hang out, cook, eat, drink, then go home? Sounds good to me...just wanting to know what to expect :)

Usually there is spare cooking space if you want to cook but not haul out a cooker. It will just depend on others' plans.

As for what to expect, you nailed it in the last line above! :thumb:

Everyone just kind of hang out, cook, eat, drink, then go home? Sounds good to me...just wanting to know what to expect :)

That's what most folks do but some of us camp overnight. Whatever you chose to do you'll have a great time.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Sorry for going AWAL ... I am back ... I had back surgery last week. I am going to the park this afternoon to meet with the parks rep and make sure we are ok with arriving early in the morning.

Peeps - if they are able to let us in early - will Lavon be acceptable? How do we post a poll for where everyone would like to go? If Lavon is OK I will make the reservation and payment.

Gerry

Take it easy on that back. Wife is on her second surgery (October 2014). Went back to work after 30 days (supposed to take 6 months off) and while her doc said it can't damage what he did, it will heal slower. She is miserable a lot. Lucky me...

Back