North Texas Bash - Spring 2015 (New Location!!! - Please Read for More Information)

I think for over night he said $150 (but I think we can get it for around $89), which is OK but before my discount. I own a house over by the mud puddle of a lake and do a bunch of boy scout stuff over there, so they give me a pretty decent price. If its in April I probably wont be able to make it. Hell has nothing on a wife that is having a c-section on April 13th and a husband that wants to slip away for BBQ 2 weeks after lol.

If we could pull off getting a pavilion on May 23rd, does that rule anybody out for sure? If anything, I like the fact that it gives me an extra day of recovery being off Monday.

Gerry did some calling around, and it does look like finding a pavilion for the 23rd may be an issue. Would still like to hear from any non-DFW folks as to their interest before committing to a location, but booking time will become an issue the longer we wait. The spot that Gerry mentioned on Lavon is available May 30. I am starting to lean towards that being a good day and location that gives everyone time to make plans to attend and doesn't conflict with any of the already mentioned things. It will be warm but hopefully not ridiculous hot yet.

Thoughts?

May 30th would most likely work for us. Nothing on the clock now and no work stuff I know of, but that changes week to week.

Majority of the parks I called are availabe the weekend before and after. May 30th works good for me as well.

Really need to get everyone's input and buy in.

As for Lavon, I've been there before and know that it will support a very large number of people.

3 parks told me I should make the reservations sooner than later but that typically the week after the holiday weekend is slower as most went and lived it up during the 3 day weekend.

Also, I will go by the park with my camera and take pictures so y'all will be able to make a decision based on first hand knowledge.

Looks like May 30th, 2015 is the date

Putting together a list of attendees now (its rough and based on posts):
Going:
Sliding Billy
Dabaras
GMDGeek
Frognot
Peeps
Bill-Chicago
Legends BBQ

Possible:
Dave Alvarado

Honorable Mention:
Cowgirl ;) can't leave her off, she is class!

Is it possible to go through and view the bash from last year and send emails to those that participated in the discussions?

That is a no-no...but I have a link in my signature. I would recommend that everyone interested in participating do the same.

You can post up a thread in Q-talk about what you might cook for the bash with a link to the bash in your post :wink:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205063

:becky:

wall.gif

Back