Next build. Go big or go home.

I've never built one, (but will someday), but I've heard that the act of cutting the doors tends to warp them. Yours look like they have the fit of a fine automobile. Do you have any words of wisdom regarding that?

I've never built one, (but will someday), but I've heard that the act of cutting the doors tends to warp them. Yours look like they have the fit of a fine automobile. Do you have any words of wisdom regarding that?

A few things but I'm new to this so my theories may be wrong.

Thicker steel is less likely to warp.
Cutting with a plasma puts much less heat into the steel and reduces warp risk. (Comparing to oxy/acetylene )
Leaving corners attached until everything cools off the making the final cuts.

Again, this just my theory. Listen to almost anyone else over me.

Looking back I wish I would have started with an existing tank. We rolled 304 steel and welded all sides. Then we made the mistake of running temps too high on burn-in, resulting in some warping. I think the double wall insulated also contributed to warping
(temperature variance)...but we wanted to use all year round here in the Great white north...although it is good for safety, can touch with hand when burning...

You are making me jealous! I so badly want to get started on mine, but I need to get my welder set back up and the snowy, 7 degree weather isn't cooperating with my garage temperatures. Keep it up. Let me know if you have any good sources for hardware and such.
Thanks.

Back