Newbie from Michigan

Welcome aboard!.........All kinds of smokers can be had or made for not much money; a Ugly Drum Smoker, Weber Smokey Mountain, etc. You can obviously use what you have as well. One of my favorites is just a standard 22.5" Weber kettle grill.

All the best from Illinois,

Ed

Welcome to the board! Ive been around this site for about a year and have found lots of help and ideas, you will too. Post pics of your cooks whenever you can, everyone likes pics!

Thanks guys /gal. Very warm welcoming. Didn't get to grill any steaks last night. Work problems caused me to get off late.

Dave, where in AA? I work in AA and probably spend more time there than ypsi. I work on the south side of town. My oldest daughter works at the old town tavern on Liberty.

Welcome from the Irish Hills... you're gonna love it here! By the way, the forums search feature is a great resource for pretty much anything you can think of. Have fun!

Welcome Bill

You will find great advice and many opertunities to learn as well as many fun things. The TD's are a fun competitive way to up your grilling / smoking/ cooking and most of all the best people on earth.

There is just one catch...............................................................................

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3394H9tGsoQ"]Eagles - Hotel California (Live in Washington 1977) - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome Bill,

I am in Ann Arbor. This is a great site for information...and to end up spending some money on great BBQ gear. But it is worth it. Finding tips on how to smoke a brisket before just jumping means I have never had to pitch a messed up piece of meat.

Do you have a favorite BBQ joint in the area?

Welcome to the party, if you need some advice this is the best place to get it , Everyone here is the BOMB, such great help from great people.

Welcome Bill,

I am in Ann Arbor. This is a great site for information...and to end up spending some money on great BBQ gear. But it is worth it. Finding tips on how to smoke a brisket before just jumping means I have never had to pitch a messed up piece of meat.

Do you have a favorite BBQ joint in the area?

Cool......I work in the Briarwood vicinity.

Not really, probably my back yard. We occasionally eat at Smokes in Saline or Red Rock in Ypsilanti. If we go its usually at one of our hang outs in Ypsilanti. Maize, Corner Brewery, or Sidetrack (where I have a hamburger on the menu named after me). The Billy Burton Mac Attack. Mac n Cheese, Bacon, and BBQ sauce.

I attend a few poker meet ups every year. You guys ever have a BBQ Michigan meet up?

A few of us get together to for some cooks for veterans. The big one is memorial day, we can always use a hand.

There are brethren bashes large and small throughout the country. All it would take is someone to organize one here, as you've noticed the brethren represent the mitten quite well. Many times they are hosted at parks or even a brethrens place. Some gatherings have also been at bbq restaurants.

I wouldn't mind hosting a bash, i have plenty of room and i likes to party.

Party at smoke ninja's! How does next weekend sound to everyone? He has one of those 007's, they seem to do everything.

Back