Oh yeah I forgot it was a tank. You would have to build a box that comes out with a flat surface I would do a BoomShuckaLucka style - 3 or 4 inch

My Custom intake. I had the idea to drill a bunch of 1/4" holes in a circle pattern but after drilling a few I got tired of that and punched them out with a step bit till they overlapped then got tired of that and took die grinder to other side. :mrgreen:

for those following along at home...
smitty and i are putting on a clinic on how to hijack a thread. :pound:

I was almost literally rolling on the floor!!!! :laugh:

...now...:focus:

I realized that I've been talking about this project but never actually posted a picture of the tank I am actually working with (forgive the perspective, it's bigger than the picture makes it look). With the air intake discussion think I am settled on one of two designs, either the 3-4" pipe BSL style or the trap door on a chain (unless someone can give me a reason that I should shy away from that idea)

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
^^^maybe put a quarter next to the tank for scale. Then it would look huge.

I would go with the pipe style intake just because I think it would be easier to dial in temps.

45 minutes and two cutting wheels later and the compressor plate is off. That stupid plate was 1/4" thick! Oh also notice the quarter on the ground...:-D

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123
Back