THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
New Moberg Backyard inbound next week. After selling the ASW 250 and my outlaw hybrid trailer due to our hoa rules in the new neighborhood I was on the hunt for the best Backyard for my needs to go with the southern q limo and the egg. After having a Shirley, MMS-60, plus the others mentioned it came down to a Franklin pit or the Moberg. The Franklin pit is a great design but I love the way the noodle draws over the collector and I don’t think the rounded end on a backyard makes any difference in such a small diameter chamber, really a small space and I don’t think any smoke tumbles in the corners causing poor exit . The extra foot of space from the FB as well as the noodle won me over. Also have young kids and a fully insulated box Is a safety advantage versus partial insulated. Can’t wait to see how it cooks in relation to the ASW and larger Mobergs I’ve cooked on, should arrive next week. If anyone here has one and can share experiences I’d
love to hear.

Moberg Backyard 24x50 inbound
Southern Q Limo Inbound
Hunsaker Can
XL Egg
ASW 250 sold
Outlaw Hybrid trailer sold
Shirley sold
MMS-60 Sold

Congrats on the Moberg backyard. Have not cooked on one, but I have my deposit in on a 250 gallon trailer model. Got in right before the price increase.

You’ll love the 250. For me it’s all about airflow and Max space in the backyard so his design was my best bet. Franklins airflow is great but it’s over a foot less length which is huge in a backyard offset getting away from the heat, at least it’s important for me. I just love how the noodle draws as well

Back