THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Paul
Thinking about upgrading from my 5lb cabelas sausage stuffer. It doesn’t hold a true 5lbs and I think the gears on it could be better. I’m looking at either Weston or LEM 10lb stuffers. Just curious if anyone has first hand experience with either and recommends them.

Thanks

I just got my first stuffer, a 7lb one, from Walton's. Built like a tank and they stock spare parts for them also. Can't imagine killing this thing though. My first run with it worked like a champ - I did 5.5lbs no problem. You do have some meat left that doesn't get pushed out of the elbow but that's going to be an issue with any of them in that design. They have an 11lb model - take a look at waltonsinc.com. - no affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Good luck!

Thinking about upgrading from my 5lb cabelas sausage stuffer. It doesn’t hold a true 5lbs and I think the gears on it could be better. I’m looking at either Weston or LEM 10lb stuffers. Just curious if anyone has first hand experience with either and recommends them.

Thanks

Truthfully.. I bought the 5lb stuffer.. thinking "oh I'm not gonna stuff that much.. I wish I bought the 10lb.. because once I started making sausages.. all my batches are in 10lb batches LOL

Thanks for the suggestions. The capacity issue I mentioned before is when loading the ground sausage before stuffing I only get maybe 3-1/2lbs of meat in the stuffer and it’s full. I pack it well too, but I always have to reload the last of the meat. Yes there is always some left at the bottom but I agree that happens with every stuffer. I just usually patty that stuff up for a snack though so it’s not really an issue lol.

I started with the 5lb lem and then for fathers day a few years ago, my kids and wife gave me the 10lb. I was surprised with how much bigger it was. The 90 degree angle exit does leave more un stuffed if you will then my 5lb. I mounted mine to a cheap cutting board, added some rubber feet and use 2 c clamps to bolt it down to the counter. Very easy to use for a 1 person set up. Here is a comparison of the 5 lb next to my 10lb. The 5 lb is sitting on my Excalibur dehydrator. I usually grab the 10lb stuffer over the 5lb
230f9d0a676f2fab88fdcf45e541d48f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back