THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
https://www.recteq.com/pages/rt-b38...MIuJSM2-Sh_AIVC73ICh3JPwIPEAAYASABEgJ7afD_BwE

Anybody have one? Price aside (its expensive for what it is/size), I'm really interested in one. I've wanted a smaller pellet grill vs my Yoder 640 for some time now. The fact the new Bullseye gets to 900+ is even more interesting. With the addition of Wifi, i could fire it up on my way home from work and have a hot grill ready to go for weekday cooks. I like a lot about it.

Looks pretty impressive. I wonder how well heat distribution is though. I imagine its going to be the hottest in the center directly above the pot. As much as i would like to go all wood burning, i just don't think theres anything better then a dedicated 1000F gas IR searing grill.

Last edited:
With the addition of Wifi, i could fire it up on my way home from work and have a hot grill ready to go for weekday cooks. I like a lot about it.

Whoa! I don't think I'd feel safe doing that.

I can see where the hotter temp could come in handy for steaks as long as it's not concentrated in one spot when you're trying to cook 2 or more steaks at the same time.

But.....I'm just not a fan of any pellet cooker.

Looks pretty impressive. I wonder how well heat distribution is though. I imagine its going to be the hottest in the center directly above the pot. As much as i would like to go all wood burning, i just don't think theres anything better then a dedicated 1000F gas IR searing grill.

It's got a cast iron diffuser - the heat should be pretty even. It's new, so the few guys reporting in on this model are very happy with it.

It's got a cast iron diffuser - the heat should be pretty even. It's new, so the few guys reporting in on this model are very happy with it.

I'd like to see some tests with a IR heat gun on the diffuser. I think they mentioned the word heavy in the video, but to me, it looked a little thin in the video.

Back