New Member Intro: Hello from the St. Louis Metro

Connor_Macleod

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Connor
Hi Y'all, just a quick new member intro with no photos as my current BBQ system is very unimpressive...but I'm researching for an upgrade.

Brief BBQ bio: Worked at a good albiet short-lived BBQ restaurant in central Arkansas while in college and developed a passion for smoking meats. (That restaurant was owned by an apprentice of Fat Tony's, btw, although he ultimately was not successful in the biz.) Bought myself a Brinkmann Smokin' Pit (I think this is what it was called) and have used it for 20+ years, learning as I went using sub-par equipment. My favorites are pork butts, loin back ribs, and smoked jalapenos for a sweet-spicy-smoky pepper sauce recipe I invented. Now living in the St. Louis metro area and am ready to upgrade to a much nicer offset stick burner within the next 6 months.

Other stuff about me: I am a long-time fan of blues music, and I am a serious blues harmonica player, specializing in the Chicago-style amplified harp sound played through a bullet mic and tube amp. But I pay the bills with a day job in the electric utility industry because it is exceptionally difficult to make a living in the blues music world. So music remains just a hobby for now.

Also, I am a blade enthusiast and maintain a modest collection of high quality folding and fixed-blade knives (I'm also a member at Bladeforums in case anyone recognizes my name from there).

Thanks, guys! Glad to be here and looking forward to learning from you more experienced pitmasters.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back