New Member Check In

FatBurritoEater

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Fats
Hello All, thank you for the activation. First time posting here but have read a great number of posts while researching various buying decisions and difficulties. UDS Thread and the search function has been particularly helpful on many topics so thank you for those of you who have helped build that over the years.

I've always maintained that the best hobbies are those that lead to something being consumed. I like tinkering with espresso for example, and treating it like an optimization puzzle. But ultimately no matter what the outcome is, you get to eat it! And most times, not every time, the results get incrementally better.

Barbecue is similarly easy to get obsessed with, as there are so many different things to cook and cook on, each with a set of variables and choices to be made. Thankfully the internet, including this site here, have been a great resource as the hobby doesn't seem particularly prevalent around these parts where I live. The online community in most places seems like a decent bunch (with some hesitation to include Facebook), and it's great that so many people are discussing this on a regular basis.

I put my equipment in my signature as requested. Look forward to having some discussions with you all and sharing some food pictures.

Welcome, Fats, and love your screen name! If you have cooker or food related questions, Qtalk is a great place to start.

There's literally many thousands of combined years of experience from members who are always happy to give feedback or answers.

Back