THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucornhusker

Babbling Farker
Hello. I must have missed the cattle call and I have been posting for a short while, so I should introduce myself.

I am a native Nebraskan and I have lived here my whole life. I have been in Lincoln for 13 years and enjoy the town very much.

I started grilling when I was about 13 and it has been a passion of my ever since. I have always loved BBQ and while I like to support my local joints, I like to make things for my own tastes also. They were getting quite a bit of my cash! :p After several failed attempts to "smoke" ribs on my Weber Genesis Gasser, I decided to step up this year and get a smoker. What a mistake that was!

This has really become a passion of mine and since I got the smoker in May, I have smoked something at least once every week and when I'm not BBQing, I'm thinking about what I can try/do next. I found a good local wood supplier and buy Rick cords of wood that I keep on hand. I currently have some Hickory, Cherry and Oak. I am really liking using Hickory and Cherry. The Oak is nice for the temp, but I'm just not sure about it yet.

I cook in an Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn 20" offset. I use charcoal and wood to start the smoker, and stick burn after that. I have a really good pork shoulder I like, a few good chicken and rib recipes and I'm still searching for that right brisket rub for me.

I have been lurking here for months and decided to join back in August. I really appreciate all of the posts and info that are on here, and I hope to also become a good contributor and fellow brother. I just don't want to offer a lot of advice since I am still new to this whole thing having only been smoking since May. But as I do it week by week, I get more confident each time and no longer feel like I'm a newbie.

I really enjoy this forum, as it doesn't seem to have the "know-it-all's" that really don't know jack and flame up a thread. The only flaming around here seems to be the fire in our cookers and the passion for BBQ in our hearts. That is why I keep fairly quiet. I do have questions, but I hope I find them by searching and if I never find a good answer, I will finally ask.

Feel free to contact me and I hope to get to know you guys well in the coming days/weeks/months/years. I'm sorry guys, but I think you are stuck with me. :tongue:

Thank you for your time.

-K

Hey nucornhusker, Welcome to the club!!! I've been looking for a supplier of Hickory but nothing around here. Where are you getting it in Lincoln? Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back