THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats, welcome and we need more details on that nice new cooker!!!

Thanks! I've never cooked on an offset this large. Anyone have an idea of what size splits I should be shooting for? The firebox is 24x22....

I would go with whatever you can find locally that is easy to get. Concentrate on a small hot fire. If you have issues with temps then try some smaller or bigger splits.

OK Summers eve back off you don't know the spirit of the comment aint nobody pissin in your boot. Nice pit lets see what you can do with it. OH and Welcome to the Brethren.

I would go with whatever you can find locally that is easy to get. Concentrate on a small hot fire. If you have issues with temps then try some smaller or bigger splits.

^^^^THIS!!!!

Also be sure not to get it too hot on your maiden voyage. It's like seasoning good cast iron. Well at least in my experience.

Looking forward to your cooks, have fun with your new toy, tool I mean :becky:

Back