THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well it looks great, Josh!!
I agree with ya about the flavor of an offset vs the drum. I cook most of my briskets, no trim, no fuss, 250F, overnight on the drum for convenience now...but the flavor isn't the same as my horizontal woodburner.

Looks delicious!!

I chopped up all the remaining brisket last night to use for tacos and stuff. Added some of it to some hash browns and eggs this morning for a nice breakfast skillet.

dof3AMfh.jpg

g6Rr4uCh.jpg

That's one fine looking brisket and use of leftovers! I have started to feel the same way about the taste of fat burning off on the coals. On my UDS, I have a second rack below that I almost always use a drip pan on now. It eliminates the burning grease flavor profile and makes cleanup a little easier. Might be worth a shot if you've got a second grate

Back