Need y’alls opinion on this

How awesome! You get to pay for food and serve meals to whomever comes up and asks for it. You make absolutely no money on the deal while this cat puts 50% of ticket sales in his pocket? Tell him to pound salt! Make a donation to the charity and sit out, you'd be better off.

I'd donate $50 to the charity and sit it out.
Exactly! It's a charity cook and they can be extremely rewarding to participate in but you've got a lot of work and expense to donate.

Donating $ is a good idea, or you couuuld pay the $15 and see what your competitors are doing.

As others have said, this scenario is not a competition but rather a charity event and money maker for the Organizer. Only you can decide if are okay with that.

I'm surprised the local health department is OK with this. EEK!
There is absolutely no upside to doing this, and you would probably be better off, as someone said above, to make a contribution directly to the charity, and then pay $15 and go taste everyone else's BBQ. They should at least buy the meat your going to cook, or give you some recompense for what the meat/sides is going to cost. They are making you the de facto caterers.

Thank You everyone we are going to go to the cooks meeting next Saturday the guy changed the date for the meeting and I’ll let y’all know. Me & my wife are thinking if we can’t get the guy to change things around we will just do the blind box part of the Comp and not enter in PC.

Back