Need input from brethren

I am on a similar situation where I now have enough dedicated smokers that I never use the Primo as a smoker and just use it to grill or roast.

If I had a chance to go back? I'd pick a weber 26 over the Primo for grilling and roasting. The additional sq ft of cooking space is pretty significant, especially when doing something like vortex wings.
Also, you get to cooking temps much faster and save some $.

100% agree! As a former Kamado Joe junkie (2 Big Joe’s, a Classic, and Joe Jr.), I will be the first to say the 26” Weber kettle is way more enjoyable to grill on, to me, than my KJ’s ever were. No more flashbacks (those are no joke), way more even heat, no more cracked ceramic, no more jacked-up hinges/bands, etc. For me, smoking is more accessible and cleaner tasting as well, with an SnS.

Just one dude’s experience :)

I’m pretty sure I’m going to relearn this as I’m planning to go back to a Kamado Joe. You’re right though, when I switched to the kettle years ago it just seemed a lot easier — especially for grilling. The 26” with a slow and sear gives me great flexibility. I’d add easier cleanup to the list you wrote for benefits.

If the focus is grilling it’s hard to beat the kettle.

Needs to be built in. Im prob gonna go with either primo oval XL or blaze kamado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to be built in. Im prob gonna go with either primo oval XL or blaze kamado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I lost sight of that somewhere along the way…. Given the grilling focus, have you looked at any of the charcoal built-in grills? Zero personal experience but there were a couple I was considering when I was thinking of doing an outdoor kitchen structure. Blaze has one that’s in the same ball park from a cost perspective. Prices go up from there. :shocked:

Back