THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cstalls

Found some matches.
Was just wondering what temperature to grill a beef tenderloin and for how long I have my first competition coming up

I'm guessing you are talking a whole tenderloin?

I'd grill it in the 350-400 range to an IT of 130-135 at most, rest and slice. Cooking time depends on how big/thick the tenderloin is, but it certainly would't be a long cook.

KC

If you want a consistent edge to edge color, keep you chamber temps below 250ish. 225 wouldn't hurt. If you want this but still want a bit of a crusty edge, pull at about 120 and let rest for a bit, then do a reverse sear on an insanely hot grill or pan.

20141217-tenderloin-roast-recipe-food-lab-primary-thumb-625xauto-417109.jpg

If you want the outer edge of the meat to be more done, go with a higher chamber temp like 300 or more.

image.axd

If you want a consistent edge to edge color, keep you chamber temps below 250ish. 225 wouldn't hurt. If you want this but still want a bit of a crusty edge, pull at about 120 and let rest for a bit, then do a reverse sear on an insanely hot grill or pan.

This! ^^^^^

IMO, reverse searing is the way.
With just a hint of hickory for smoke, fuse method looking 190-200F cooking temp.
Pulled off at 124F foiled and rested.
No carry over will occur due the low cooking temp.
When you need start the searing action 1-2 min each side.

These photos of perfectly cooked meat are amazing from both cooking and photography perspectives. If you too them, D9, well done.

I wish I could, but I can't take credit for the cook or the photos. I grabbed them off of Google Images to illustrate what I was talking about.

Back