Need a Replacement Door for an old WSM

AZRaptor

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I picked up an older pre-production wood handled WSM yesterday from a local pawn shop for $40 out the door. It's in pretty good shape and has all the parts for it except the mid-section door. I looked at the Cajun Bandit replacement door, but it doesn't come with the latch mechanism. They do sell the latch piece too, but the listing says it doesn't work with the older doors because of hole placement. If I can't find something I may just have to order a CB door an tape it closed til I can find a latch, which wouldn't b a big deal since I never access the smoker from the door.

wsm18_1.JPG
wsm18_2.JPG
wsm18_3.JPG

Check your local hardware stores for a latch that might work, you also could call Weber Customer Service and see if they still stock doors for the older WSM's.

Have you tried Weber yet?? With the age of that WSM, I would want to keep it as original as possible.

If you have a local Ace or Truevalue, ask them to order it direct from Weber for you. I got a door with a latch for my 18.5" WSM for $22.

Hey AZ,

Nice find and the about e replacement link says there are 9 pre 2000 doors in stock. You are as bad as I am, I have 9 smokers in the backyard and I still check craigs and what not out for more.

Thanks I saw the door has the lon handle vs the round knob the originals had, but it looks like I can order the knob too so I may go that route. One of my fellow local Weber kettle enthusiasts thinks he may have a spare door so here's hoping.

Hey AZ,

Nice find and the about e replacement link says there are 9 pre 2000 doors in stock. You are as bad as I am, I have 9 smokers in the backyard and I still check craigs and what not out for more.

Yep i know what you mean, I actually picked up a NIB 14.5 WSM the same day for under 50% of normal cost. ($80 vs $200)

Back