National BBQ Cup

Any update on this, especially the payouts or at least what the organizers are shooting for as payouts.

The only number in print on the event website is a $500 entry fee.
No prize money is shown on the KCBS listing for the event.

I've heard a few different prize money amounts tossed around, but it appears nothing is guaranteed yet as of today.

Is that $500 entry fee for both the open and invitational contests?

Does anyone have info on the open contest? I can't see where they are accepting applications for the open contest yet. We are getting close to time to move on to another contest if we can't get in this one.

Well, that would 75k in entry fees if it fills up. I understand them not wanting to put a number out there if they won't be able to cover it, but if there is going to be 100+ teams I'd like to see what kind of prize purse they have in mind. There is 10k contest that will only have 35-40 teams the same weekend that is an hour closer for me. At least with that one, I know what I'm getting into.

Yea looks like it's $500 either way. Invitational/open or just if you cook the Open. Maybe next year, unless I sneak a GC in between my first two contest.

We want to fill this up fast......check this out we added a few more categories to qualify:

To qualify for the National BBQ Cup Invitational, your team must hold, or have previously held, one of the following titles:

•Memphis in May Grand Champion and Category Winner

•KCBS Grand Champion (5-01-2011 through 4-30-2016)

•FBA Team of the Year (Any 2015 Grand Champion)

•KCBS Team of the Year

•MBN Team of the Year

•Jack Daniels Invitational Grand Champions and Category Winners

•American Royal Invitational Grand Champion
•American Royal Open Grand Champion

•MBN Grand Champion (5/1/2011 through 4/30/2016)

•Sam's Club National or Regional Champions

Back