N Texas Brethren Bash Fall 2016 Planning

Looks like we have about 25 confirmed to be there.
(Looks like Paul will be busing a few in!!)
And somewhere between 5-10 " Maybe's".
So with that, we need to get a few more Brethren and guests to attend.
Almost forgot, anyone heard from Bludawg?
Would be nice to make a few hot toddies from his Apple Pie Moonshine!! :mrgreen:

I have asked about posting the Bash Invite in the Q Talk Forum. We will see what the Forum Keepers say.
If Ok'd, we will need to keep it on the first page by posting often.

:mod: !! 16 DAYS TILL THE BASH !! :mod:

15 DAYS Till The Bash!!!

OK boys and girls I asked and it was approved to post an Invite in Q Talk.
Go ahead and post to it often. Lets hear what you plan to bring and or cook.
Would be great to add to the list of Brethren who will be attending!!

I will be driving in from just north of Houston. Looks to be about a 3 hour drive. Not bad at all. What time are folks getting to the the "Bash"?

I will be driving in from just north of Houston. Looks to be about a 3 hour drive. Not bad at all. What time are folks getting to the the "Bash"?

I typically will roll up between 7:00am and 8:00am. Others may be there a bit earlier to setup any stick burners and get them warmed up and clear smoke before cooking. :mrgreen:

I want to let you guys know that Mike Trump, with Oak Ridge BBQ, is sending us some samples of their new prototype. I bring them with me. :mrgreen:
Thanks Mike!

Well it's this weekend!

I decided I'm going to do pulled pork. We never have it at the bashes and it's time for that to change.

i cooked one last fall but by the time it was done we were closing up and nearly everyone was gone. i think someone took the whole butt home still wrapped in foil. i suggest you cook it really hot.

I believe Ag76 cooked a Butt at the N Texas Spring Bash.
Had a heck of of time with temp and don't think we got to enjoy it.
I was going to par cook one to about 165-175 IT, foil it then fridge it.
Then throw it on a stick burner at the Bash till it hit around 205 or so.
But I know brother Dave can pull it off! Nothing better than a pulled pork slider with a bit a red coleslaw and a slice of dill pickle!!

i cooked one last fall but by the time it was done we were closing up and nearly everyone was gone. i think someone took the whole butt home still wrapped in foil. i suggest you cook it really hot.

Well it's going on your pit. :mrgreen:

My recipe is right at 5 hours at 300F for a whole butt. I'm debating just doing a half butt and making sliders, so it'll be done right around lunch time.

Well it's going on your pit. :mrgreen:

My recipe is right at 5 hours at 300F for a whole butt. I'm debating just doing a half butt and making sliders, so it'll be done right around lunch time.

I would cut in half. I'm thinking about separating my brisket.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm really excited about the Bash this Saturday!!
The final road trip of the year!! And could not ask for a better group to hang with!!

Billy are you bring your coffee maker?
If, yes and it is the Keurig let me know if it takes the first or second generation cups please. I stop by the store bring a few. :mrgreen:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm really excited about the Bash this Saturday!!
The final road trip of the year!! And could not ask for a better group to hang with!!

Billy are you bring your coffee maker?
If, yes and it is the Keurig let me know if it takes the first or second generation cups please. I stop by the store bring a few. :mrgreen:

I can bring a brewer for sure. 1st or 2ng gen (or unbranded) are fine, just not the carafe.

We are in ft worth and should be there by lunch on Saturday. Anything needed we can pick up and bring? Looking forward to being there!

I am planning on being there, but won't be cooking. Just want to come meet everyone and ask 1000 questions (probably not that many). I assume it is alright to show up just to meet the Brethren, correct?

I am not sure what I need to bring, but am willing to make a run to the store for anything we need.

Thanks!

I am planning on being there, but won't be cooking. Just want to come meet everyone and ask 1000 questions (probably not that many). I assume it is alright to show up just to meet the Brethren, correct?

I am not sure what I need to bring, but am willing to make a run to the store for anything we need.

Thanks!

Yes sir come on. Just show up hungry! All kinds of good food will be cooked and served up throughout the day. Just pace yourself an bit.
A cooler, with beverages, and a camp chair are recommended!! :mrgreen:

Back