THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now wait, there were smoke and mirrors, you said so yourself:becky: Happy to hear that you had a great time. I met him once at a comp that I did with my daughter (we are both big fans) and he was nice enough to stop and say hello. It made my daughter's day. Hopefully that new found info will help in your future comps.

No smoke and mirrors, just great info.....I'm not cooking comps.

Just want to bump my game up. :-D

Great write up and pics! Thanks for sharing. I went a year ago April and your review is spot on. I still reference my Myron notes all the time. Really did help my game and overall perspective on cooking.

John,

Sounds awesome. Can you provide some travel tips? Did you stay at either of the hotels suggested on Myron's site and I'm guessing you rented a car? Any suggestions on trip planning? Thanks!

No smoke and mirrors, just great info.....I'm not cooking comps.

Just want to bump my game up. :-D

I hear ya.

Same feeling here, too.

Thanks for the great write-up and pics of your experience.

I've always shied away from injecting due to spotty results when and wonky flavors when I've done so. Granted, I was using stuff that was probably overly salty or sweet.....that did NOT let the meat shine.

I'm intrigued that his methods of doing so actually to truly complement the meat.

I think I'm going to have to sign up for one of these classes at some point. :thumb:

John,

Sounds awesome. Can you provide some travel tips? Did you stay at either of the hotels suggested on Myron's site and I'm guessing you rented a car? Any suggestions on trip planning? Thanks!

Remo,

I flew into Atlanta and rented a car. My hotel was the Rodeway Inn in Perry (nothing fancy but clean)- about 20 minutes from Myron's class. I flew in the day before to visit a friend in Byron. The meet and greet / sign in time on Friday was 6 PM.

Great write-up for the class.

I really enjoyed it. I learned a good bit, but also had a lot of stuff I was already doing "affirmed".

We brethren are everywhere. Hopefully you didn't mind all my questions during the class!

Jason,

I should have asked around at the class for Brethren. I certainly didn't mind your questions. How long did it take you to recover from the massive food coma? :p Did you take home some food? I did, and still have a little pulled pork left.

I was stuffed to the gills the entire weekend.

Jason,

I should have asked around at the class for Brethren. I certainly didn't mind your questions. How long did it take you to recover from the massive food coma? :p Did you take home some food? I did, and still have a little pulled pork left.

I was stuffed to the gills the entire weekend.

I took two bags when I saw there was still extra! I served up some neighbors who wanted to try "Myron Mixon BBQ". It's all gone!

Remo,

I flew into Atlanta and rented a car. My hotel was the Rodeway Inn in Perry (nothing fancy but clean)- about 20 minutes from Myron's class. I flew in the day before to visit a friend in Byron. The meet and greet / sign in time on Friday was 6 PM.

I was traveling on business and scheduled to fly through Atlanta so I also rented a car.

I stayed in Cordele at the Fairfield Inn since I am a Marriott guys. Also, about a 20 minute drive to Myron's house.

Back