My Smitty Jones God Bless Texas Select Brisket 🙌

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well here it is. A Walmart Select Grade brisket. Whole Foods lump with a blend of hickory oak and mesquite chunks. Brisket trimmed and seasoned with Adkins and rested overnight. Early fire lit in the Primo OXL. A medium amount of coarse black pepper applied prior to smoke. It was great. Tender-Juicy and my 85 year old mother said it was good and requested some to go. She’s brutally honest.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you did good, and yes 85 year old moms are brutally honest. Mines 92 and I know what you are talking about.

Nice plate of meat Adams! Might have to get me one of those wally briskets next weekend since in off call then. Need some serious meat/beer time after this week!

Good looking brisket, I’ve never had much luck (or maybe it’s lack of skill) with select grade. BTW we shop at the same Wally World!

That would be Cheesecake Factory Red Waldorf aka Red Velvet. I bought it for Christmas and each time she comes by I send a couple pieces home with her. I never tried it but she said it’s really good. She pretty much “has to have” sugar after she eats.

Back