My Non-Crispy TD Crispy Perch

Garyclaw

Babbling Farker
Although not eligable for a Throwdown (that grilled or smoked rule), these here are some crispy Lake Erie Perch!! So crispy Perch, this way comes babys.

Starting with an egg wash and just corn flake crumbs and bread crumbs mixed:
102_0888.jpg

The key to the crispy Perches is to press in the breading:
102_0890.jpg

Into the deep fryer @ 350*:
102_0896.jpg

........Along with some fresh cut taters:
102_0900.jpg

Finally, my own plate of crispy Perch and fries:
102_0901.jpg

Thank you God and Lake Erie for this bountiful, crispy catch, and Thanks for lookin'.:-D

^^This is true. We smoke and grill fish all the time, but sometimes ya just gotta have some good, fried Perch.:clap2:

Great job! Used to keep my Searay Sundancer at Toledo Beach Marina in Monroe Michigan and fished & ate Lake Erie perch often. Very tasty especially when done as well as you did them.

Very nice looking fillets! Question for you. A few weeks ago I made some perch fillets my son and I caught on a trip in Wisconsin this past august. When I cleaned them I cut the chime bones out. I have heard that this is not always needed. When you deep fried your fillets did you have any bones in your fillets? TIA Vince

Very nice looking fillets! Question for you. A few weeks ago I made some perch fillets my son and I caught on a trip in Wisconsin this past august. When I cleaned them I cut the chime bones out. I have heard that this is not always needed. When you deep fried your fillets did you have any bones in your fillets? TIA Vince

I'm not sure what the chime bones are, but I noticed in some of the monster, hugh Perch that there is a few bones towards the forward part or the thickest part of the fillet. Even then not very often........and yup. That's tater sauce.:-D

I'm not sure what the chime bones are, but I noticed in some of the monster, hugh Perch that there is a few bones towards the forward part or the thickest part of the fillet. Even then not very often........and yup. That's tater sauce.:-D

Thank you for the reply. This a pic from a fillet I caught and cleaned a couple months ago. Then we cooked a couple weeks ago. The area in the middle of the fillet I removed a small row of bones. I believe these are called the chime bones. I was questioning if I should not have removed them and if they would have cooked out in the fryer. Vince
fishfry004.jpg

Looks mighty tasty, Gary! nice size fillets too :)

p.s. pulled 11 walleye today off Huron , all between 4 and 8 lbs. on reefrunners.

Back