My new Argentine grill arrived yesterday!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Had been wanting one for a long time so when the infamous nod from the misses happened, I started looking around. I looked at (semi-)local guys to build me one but then was pointed to BBQ Mates in the UK. Their BM G-3 was exactly what I was looking for but getting it from the UK could have been an issue post-Brexit. Turns out, they also have a Spanish store so I got in touch with them. I asked for 1 modification (4 instead of 2 wheels) as I´d be moving it around on the patio. Mod was no problem so I put in my order.

When it shipped mid last week, the tracking showed it was coming from Lithuania. BM have their shop over there, I must say that from the pics on the site, these guys know what they are doing. It was delivered yesterday afternoon, it came neatly packed on a pallet. I had to put the cart together and with the help of a neighbour, loaded the grill on the cart. Solid build quality, 4mm steel all around, good welds. The grill grate is 65x45cm so that´s a nice size, above it sits a 2nd grate to keep things warm. There´s a slight-out shelf that is also nice to keep food warm or heat up plates etc.

As it was a nice dry day, I fired it up right away and did a 2 hour low burn in, season the grates etc. We had anticipated it´s arrival so I was gonna do burgers as a 1st test cook. I spend about 3 hours playing around with it and boy this is gonna be fun to use. Discovered that the shelf is also nice to defrost burgers. So I cooked the burgers on it and already had some learning experience (don´t try to turn them to fast :icon_shy). But in the end, they came out great and very juicy. Realized there´s a cheeseburger TD on, so made a quick pic of my burger before digging in.

Can´t wait to play more with this but I´m sure it´s gonna be a LOT of fun.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Awesome cooker, and beautiful burger! I like how the grates have the v-channel to take grease away from the fire. I'm not the smartest so tell me what is the firebox on the left side for?

The firebox is called a brasero and is used to burn logs down to coals. You then rake the coals to the right side. So you can cook over real wood, get some smoke from the bigger pieces of coal/wood and extra flavor from the fat hitting the coals.

I'm really glad you got the new grill, Yoeri!

Burgers look great, and can't wait to see more cooks on it in the future!

Back