THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
Ok, we all saw Melissa's Grand Champion entry for the Steak TD, but I still have to enter, even if it doesn't stand a chance... :mrgreen:

So, a couple months back, SRF had a sale, buy one Ribeye Roast, get one free. So, I went for it and sliced both into steaks. While I was grabbing a couple out of the freezer, I also saw this single Prime Ribeye steak that was a replacement from SRF for one that had lost it's vacuum seal, and I decided to throw it on too. I marinaded some scallops in Slap Ya Mama, wrapped them in bacon, and put them on semi direct, while the steaks were getting warm via reverse sear.

IMG_3776_zpsavu5j1fn.jpg

When the steaks got close to temp, I threw them on the griddle side of the GrillGrates and put a pat of Garlic butter on top.

IMG_3779_zpscthegnvi.jpg

I pulled the prime steak a little earlier then I normally would and let it rest.

IMG_3780_zpsabveard8.jpg

Sliced it in half and it was perfectly done:

IMG_3781_zpsbyph0skb.jpg

Cut a slice out of the center for a taste:

IMG_3783_zpsx7ermros.jpg

I ate half and Oh my gawd. It was so buttery and beefy. Much better than the first time I cooked these. I went to give the wife the other half of the slice, and she turned up her nose as it was too rare. She eats raw fish for heavens sake. :loco:I convinced her to give it a try and she love it too.

Set aside the Prime steak and plated up the regular ribeye with a couple of the scallops, and some grilled veggies:

IMG_3782_zpsquchrrki.jpg

It was cooked pretty well too:

IMG_3784_zpskssl454m.jpg

Thanks y'all... I hope you know I am being sarcastic about the steak. It was delicious and we both enjoyed the meal. :wink:

Back