THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
18 holes of golf. Walk in grab a beer walk outside punch a button take shower (with beer) ready to cook. Made some stuffed button mushrooms, bacon wrapped asparagus, bundled up some already cooked brisket point, reheated last of a loaded baked potato salad. Wife is really digging the light clean smoke. Seriously, she’s enjoying it. Golf buddy spent half the round quizzing me about pellets(he’s a BGE) guy. Big Brother called (another BGE Guy) “ I’m thinking about a pellet grill-tell me your thoughts.”

Reminds me, I have a SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker I need to clean up and sell/donate/give to a friend.

Are pellets a fad?? I don’t think so. I think Pellet Smokers have found a niche. For everyone?? I doubt it. But for enough-yes.

Last edited:
That is a really good looking plate. I have been advised by the boss that a pellet smoker is out of the question. Apparently I told her when I was begging for my offset that it would be the only cooker I would ever need. Funny how I can't imagine myself saying that, I wonder if alchohol was involved.

Easy, just buy her one, for your anniversary, and call it hers.

That is a really good looking plate. I have been advised by the boss that a pellet smoker is out of the question. Apparently I told her when I was begging for my offset that it would be the only cooker I would ever need. Funny how I can't imagine myself saying that, I wonder if alchohol was involved.

Same logic Works with guns and fly rods too

She cut me off of guns and ammo a year ago. She did give me a homemade coupon for Fathers Day that was good for one box ammunition of my choice not to exceed $20.00. :sad:

We don't have fire bans, so my next purchase will probably be a 26.5" kettle.

If I just had to "punch a button", something would die in me, I think. My desire to mess with fire and charcoal, while drinking beer, at least.

Of course, I'm not addicted to golf, I like my walks to not be interrupted by little white balls. Last time that happened, it resulted in a large vet bill. Stupid dog.

Not true, I have a pellet cooker, and still like playing with fire, and drinking beer. They aren't for everyone, but I think they are perfect for those limited on time, or space.

We don't have fire bans, so my next purchase will probably be a 26.5" kettle.

If I just had to "punch a button", something would die in me, I think. My desire to mess with fire and charcoal, while drinking beer, at least.

Of course, I'm not addicted to golf, I like my walks to not be interrupted by little white balls. Last time that happened, it resulted in a large vet bill. Stupid dog.

Not true, I have a pellet cooker, and still like playing with fire, and drinking beer. They aren't for everyone, but I think they are perfect for those limited on time, or space.
I worked a 12 hour a day job, 35 miles away, with a wife, two kids, and two ill, elderly parents.
For those days I didn't have time to cook on a kettle, I turned on the stove or oven in the kitchen.

And had a beer.

That's my point. With a pellet cooker, it is just like turning on the stove. I can now cookout several times a week, instead of once or twice a month. Not trying to convert anyone. Just saying that, I enjoy being able to grill more often.

I worked a 12 hour a day job, 35 miles away, with a wife, two kids, and two ill, elderly parents.
For those days I didn't have time to cook on a kettle, I turned on the stove or oven in the kitchen.

And had a beer.

That's my point. With a pellet cooker, it is just like turning on the stove. I can now cookout several times a week, instead of once or twice a month. Not trying to convert anyone. Just saying that, I enjoy being able to grill more often.
This is approaching an oxymoron. Like "Outdoor kitchen". They exist, but are rare, in my experience.

Last spring I bought a masterbuilt electric smoker. As a teacher I just don’t have time during the school year to use anything else. During the week, I barely have time to get to the store and buy any meat to cook!

One reason I did not buy a pellet smoker, I don’t trust what the pellets are made from. How do I know they aren’t ground up pallets or sawdust bound together with glue?

I’m exaggerating here, but seriously, can anyone here convince me the pellets are straight, clean, pure wood? Are the different brands held to any standards or quality?

Last spring I bought a masterbuilt electric smoker. As a teacher I just don’t have time during the school year to use anything else. During the week, I barely have time to get to the store and buy any meat to cook!

One reason I did not buy a pellet smoker, I don’t trust what the pellets are made from. How do I know they aren’t ground up pallets or sawdust bound together with glue?

I’m exaggerating here, but seriously, can anyone here convince me the pellets are straight, clean, pure wood? Are the different brands held to any standards or quality?
Thank you for your service. Along with nurses, the most important, under paid job I know. A pellet pooper should be included as part of your compensation.

I am much more concerned with the additives and chemicals they add to the actual food, and how it is handled, than I am, what they are adding to my pellets. Seems salad is some of the most dangerous food on the planet, these days. I get your point, but that is a pretty crooked line to draw. How can you know what the wood chips you are putting in your masterbuilt are made of, or what they have been treated with. At some point you just have to close your eyes, and hope for the best.

Back