My Grandfather's Old Weber Kettle....updated with Pron!

Another thing I did was flip it while in the paper. Might as well let the top soak a while too. Fat cap up, down, sideways.......hmmmm:boxing::rant::noidea:
Each side got a soak.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 48
Alrighty then. What's next?
Booked or separated or whatever it's called. Very little waste. This packer was select and thankfully had a thick even flat and very little fat. All I removed was that big knot of hard fat by the point. Ooooze time! Small point. Oh well, more thickness than point!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 48
Lemme see, what's next. Sliced flat. Not the greatest smoke ring.......who farking cares! Got to say, this is up there as the second best brisket I have smoked. Not using a drum, WSM, etc. Just a lil ol kettle. I will admit the whole, "probe like butter" is one frustrating concept. Warm butter, cold, peanut butter, apple butter.....wtf! But this one had that feel. Found that touch again.:heh: Never really get a juicy flat slice. Don't know if it exists and if it does, being so lean.....probably doesn't stay that way for long. Let's not get into cures, injections, etc. Ok, maybe we could. But not here. But, these flat slices broke apart and made for that break away, melt away feeling in your mouth. Some of you are probably imagining something else. :evil: this ain't WP! Maybe I needed more celery salt, seed, nitrates, silicone, implants, grenades.....whatever. I need a Bloody Mary with celery is what I need. SR's don't mean jack to me! :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Time to eat. I like my brisket sammiches with point, some mustard, a little mayo slick, some fresh onion and pickles. Why not a little hot sauce and a fresh pepper from my garden. Meat, sour, tang, and heat! Also a fan of potato bread!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 47
Where to now? Did I mention this was done on a Kettle? Wait, with a cheap bag of Dollar Store briqs? $4 for a 16.6lb. bag. Marked down from a whopping $7. Still have about 1/4 left. Not bad. Used some hickory and plum that I got from some Brethren a while back in some trades. I think it was the wood that made it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 46
Okay, last pic and message. We get caught up in stupid chit sometimes here on the forum. If you haven't already read why and how this place came to be, you need to. Some need to read it again. Good Q and good food can be done on anything. It's ALWAYS the COOK, not the equipment. Okay, well, toys are nice and help, but you still gotta know how to play with those toys. Q takes patience. Sometimes, being a Mod and Member on this forum takes patience too. :roll::laugh: Thinking out loud there!:thumb: This place is founded on sharing knowledge. We share that knowledge over and over and over and then some with new members and people who are just getting turned on to the passion we share. That's how this place got started and what will keep it going. You are free to share anything here. (Almost anything!) We get into it about things like lump, wood only, cures, temps, equipment, cooking times, briquettes, therms, (of which I now need to buy a new one!), rubs, fat caps, :shock:, hooks, pellets, :shock:, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda.....and other stupid stuff in other forums. After the end of the day, we are here because of one common interest. You know what it is. This place is about a whole lot more than that. Some get it. Some don't. Some never will. Hopefully they figure it out one day.

Over and out. Gonna eat another sammich! :thumb: Q, eat, and be happy!

Bob

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38314

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81360

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
4:09 AM here......would you change your name to "Bob Breakfast" ?

I tried to wait up....I really did.........

......kettles....gotta love 'em !!!!!!!

Even better the next day. Wife devoured a high stacked sammich a while ago. Said she had been craving that sammich all day at work. I think I may need to make brisket more often!
Thanks again!

Bob

Bob, your post, story, pic's and food are a great example of what this forum is. You have me wanting to try a Select grade brisket after I swore off them two years ago in favor of Choice grade. I've learned alot about brisket cooking from being a member here and think I can create good BBQ from a lesser grade now.

Thanks for the inspiration!

3-6-2013Beef015.jpg

Fade Blackies....nothin' like 'em..............

Great cookup Bob Breakfast...I mean Brisket !!!!

Back