THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redheart

is one Smokin' Farker
I might be considered a rookie by some folks. But the bellies of my friends and my taste buds seem to be telling me I am a full fledged farker. I will let you folks decide if the pics qualify as pron or not.
On the menu to night were some ABT's stuffed with Rondele Herb, Cream Cheese and Green Onions, Armadillo Eggs stuffed with Monterrey,Cheddar, Asedero, Queso Quesadilla and Green Onions. I also did some homemade MOINK balls. Now I know that you are supposed to use prepared meatballs for this but I am Italian and I just can't do the frozen. It was hard enough for me not to add some ground pork and veal to the meat balls so I could truly qualify them as MOINK.
I smoked them about 2 hours on my little Brinkman S&G using hickory and a few hunks of mesquite.
Well here are the pics. I hope. I am having a bit of a problem with the Manage Attachments button, so I hope I have figured out the code.

ABT's & Armadillo Eggs on the menu
090826-1_00.jpg

as are a few MOINK balls.
090826-1_01.jpg

Here is the MOO --- the OINK is yet to come.
090826-1_02.jpg

Here's the OINK just need to add a little rub!
090826-1_03.jpg

Aye! There's the rub!
090826-1_04.jpg

ABT's (Pre-rub)
090826-1_06.jpg

ABT's all prepped!
090826-1_08.jpg

here are the Armadillo Eggs. The ones with vertical picks are actually wrapped with a little of the MOO- mixture ... I ran out of sausage
090826-1_07.jpg

OK it may not be the best but somehow I can get good results
090826-1_09.jpg

On the lower rack-25 MOINK Balls and 12 Armadillo Eggs.
090826-1_11.jpg

We be Schmokin!
090826-1_12.jpg

Finished ABT's
090826-1_13.jpg

MOINK Balls
090826-1_14.jpg

Finished MOINK Balls and Armadillo Eggs (kids already stole an Egg!)
090826-1_15.jpg

The spread!
090826-1_16.jpg

I hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed smoking them and everyone seemed to enjoy eating them.

Do ya think the MOINK Balls certifiable?

Redheart
Carnero est bonus tamen sus est melior
Beef is good but pork is better.
4PS Hot Damn it worked!

Last edited:
Red,

You need to host your pics online somewhere. Like photo bucket or some other online storage area.

Linking pics from your PC won't work.

SJ

Hmm , the last time I put pron on here, it let me upload them to this site. I don't have them saved at any site accept on my PC. But like I said, I didn't post links, it let me upload them. Is this not allowed any More ??

Nice! That looks like some great food! Congratulations.

Uh oh! Sorry but is that access door galvanized? The legs too? And so close to the fire bowl! If it is...you know what that means don't ya?

All your babies will be born naked!!!!!

I have one of those Brinkmans I use for hot dogs and the occasional Friday night steaks when it's just me and the wife. last thing I smoked on it was jerked spatchcocked Cornish game hens. Turned out great. The hens were the first thing I cooked on it since I started with the UDS.

Uh oh! Sorry but is that access door galvanized? The legs too? And so close to the fire bowl! If it is...you know what that means don't ya?

All your babies will be born naked!!!!!

No its not galvanized ... but I am glad you are so concerned about the welfare of my future kids. To think I could be forcing them to enter the world naked.:rolleyes:

Well here we go again. On some post I can see the pictures and others I can't like this post. It would be nice to know what causes this problem as I will be posting in the near future and I would like to know how to do it correctly. Your description sounds really tasty though.

Not a fan of cream cheese, but everything else looks great. Heck, even the watermellon and wine look great. If you can get the pic hosting issue worked out, I say Pron for sure.

Nice job Paisan. I too shall never be a certified moinker. If I'm cooking meatballs, I'm making them from scratch with pork, beef, and veal along side a bowl of marinara for dipping.

Nice job Paisan. I too shall never be a certified moinker. If I'm cooking meatballs, I'm making them from scratch with pork, beef, and veal along side a bowl of marinara for dipping.

Hey Neil I call those Free range Moinks. Not to tork anybody off. Yes they are not the original and cant be certified but still yummy.

Back