My first cook on my Lang84D

Complimenti! Your butts, all of them, look great and delicious. What about moistness ? They were ok but the chuck roast was dry out in the same cooking time. Could it depend on where the chuck roast was inside your Lang, near fire box?

I left the Chuck roast in the middle of the chamber. I actually left it on for another hour and a half trying to get the internal temp to 170. Needless to say I probably should have taken it off with the butts.

Food looks great, cooker looks amazing. I'm wondering why it took so long to cook a chicken. Anything past 2 hours and I'm wondering that though.

Well I just kept it in there until the leg would roll when twidted , and at 6 hours it was super tender and that bone rolled very easily. I then checked the breast and it was done. I left that chicken on the far side away from fire box. It was getting a nice thermal draft from being right on the end of the baffle plate.

I left the Chuck roast in the middle of the chamber. I actually left it on for another hour and a half trying to get the internal temp to 170. Needless to say I probably should have taken it off with the butts.

If you were trying to make pulled chuck, in my experience 170 is WAY under cooked. I have taken some chucks to 207 to 210 before they were ready, and they were not dry at all.

Looks really good man. I haven't done a chuckie in a long time. Might have just figured out what I'm cooking tomorrow. Thanks!

If you were trying to make pulled chuck, in my experience 170 is WAY under cooked. I have taken some chucks to 207 to 210 before they were ready, and they were not dry at all.

On my second attempt I will definitely keep that in mind.... I was looking for the chuck to be juicy and slice nicely like a brisket.

Nice cooker, I cooked on one at the lang "Q school"... SWEET cooker. I have a lang 60 deluxe and love it. The chuck should be foiled at 165 IT then take it to 205 IT rest it foiled for 2 hours and it will melt in your mouth!!

Welcome to the lang family "You're cookin on a lang!!" :thumb:

What was the IT of the chuckie when you pulled it?

Everything looks stellar!

If I remember correctly it was 170-180 range. The chuck felt tender around 150-160 then started to get tough and dry looking so I pulled it. Oh well I will try something different next time

Great looking cook and again great job on the restore. It really makes me happy seeing something restored to its former glory.

Back