My First Competition

Great story and Pics. Thanks for sharing. To me the best part is having fun with my family. Hope to meet you at a Comp some day

I am so jealous. If I could get my 16-yo daughter to even agree grudgingly to come to a competition with me just once I would be thrilled. You are a blessed man, my friend.

Thanks for sharing your story.

-gf

Great story Tim, so glad you guys had so much fun. This is some of the best time I spend with my family wouldn't give it up for the world! Glad you figured it out...lol :wink:

Awesome story Tim, I was there and it appeard to me like you guys were pros at this already, great job. Like Hog-O-Holic said, "I'm inspired now." Looking forward to competing next season as well as long as the funds are there..... Great post, thanks for sharing.

In this day and age it seems that there are fewer and fewer things and events that a family can do together. BBQ comps can truly bring a family closer as Tim has just shown. Thanks you for a great story.

Excellent writeup and pics, Tim. Good looking eats that's for sure and it sounds like you had a great time there too! But most importantly, you got to spend some quality time with your son and had fun. That's awesome! Best of luck to you in future comps.

Sayville was my first comp also. Great story! My son is 5 yrs old now and loves to eat BBQ, I hope one day to have similar experience cooking togther.

Great post! The time I get to spend with my brother, father and kids while cooking are priceless and I truly think my kids have learned more about winning, losing and, most importantly, the value of sportsmanship, through BBQ contests. Much more than what their peers are learning through forced sports programs where win at all cost is the top priority.

Man those pictures are great!! Looks to be a great family and friends weekend and those times are priceless.:eusa_clap

That is soooo cool......My wife and daughters want me to enter a competition so they can help and be a part of it.... I'm inspired now......

Do it man get to the first one you can and enjoy the snot out of it. My family is the crux of our team, when you start getting your game on you can see the excitement and and amazement in the kids eyes watching you take on task and challenges just as you have instructed them to do in life. When you see it you will know because your chest will bulge,chills will run down your spine and sauce, ribs and chicken will start blending like no other.

Remember to let them get involved. Here are my baby's and the wife getting after the boxes that I screwed up.lol..

2dgro8y.jpg

Thanks-

Tim- I would just like to say thanks again from Mike Jr. and myself. We are looking forward to the next one.:icon_wink

Back