THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok....late update. People finally left. The hits were the wings and the PSB. People absolutely loved the beef....way more than pulled pork. Riblets were a little dry in my opinion. Not sure why.

Chicken wings were awesome. Indirect smoke for about an hour, then grilled to crisp up and basted with my wing sauce.

PSB was almost gone. Served with provolone and a horseradish sauce. I didn't go with a typical roll for the PSB. Just went with small hamburger buns. Wanted to use the same thing for PSB and pulled pork and wanted it small so people could try both.

On to pics. Couldn't get many pics. Theses were a bunch of my wife's work friends. I would have embarrassed her by taking too many food pics.

Chicken wings...almost gone.

image.jpg1_zpsza9x8mid.jpg

Riblets...

image.jpg2_zpslzrovy11.jpg

The star...

image.jpg4_zpshnm03dmz.jpg

Too much food for one plate, but what I started with. No time to pretty up the plate.

image.jpg7_zps3mfuelm7.jpg

Looks like a successful cook. Perfect plate, only 1 vegetable. I would have hurt myself but it would have been worth it.:thumb:

What did you do to the PSB exactly??? And what kind of wing sauce? I am going to do some wings like that next weekend. Nice cook!

For the Port Smoked Beef, I bought two seven bone chuck roasts. Didn't check weight. They were probably 2-3 inches thick. Coated them with SPOG and on to the smoker until they reached 165.

I got the bed of veggies ready in the disposable pan. Sliced up two large onions, two green bell peppers and two red bell peppers. Diced up two jalapeƱos and six or so cloves of garlic. Added in a bag of sliced mushrooms. Laid the roasts on top and poured about 1/2 a cup of roostershire, about one cup of Guinness, and maybe 1/2 a cup of chicken stock. Didn't measure. Foiled and back into the smoker until it probed tender at around 205 or so. Took a couple hours.

After that I took the meat out of the pan, wrapped it and put it in a cooler. Put the veggies, uncovered into the oven at 350 for probably an hour until most of the juice had reduced. Shredded the beef and mixed it with the veggies. Served with provolone and a horseradish mayo.

Last edited:
That looks like a stellar cook! I love the idea of making everything into smaller serving sizes / pieces so that folks could try it all w/o getting completely stuffed (or, rather deciding how to get themselves completely stuffed after trying it all)!

I've never tried it, but you about have me sold on trying the PSB sometime in the near future.

I'll bet you sleep well tonight...

Coated the wings with basic BBQ rub and Franks Red Hot. Let sit for about 30 minutes. Smoked indirect on Weber with charcoal and apple chunks for about an hour. Then removed wings, added charcoal to crank up heat and grilled the wings for a few minutes. Basting them with sauce while they grilled, then basting more after they were done.

My sauce is basically half BBQ sauce, half Franks simmered with some butter, vinegar and honey. I usually add something to spice it up, but left it tame for the masses.

Last edited:
Does the warmer stay on the lower temp, are does it get as high as the main chamber?

Sorry, completely missed this. Looks like it hovers about 50 lower, but I can pull the extra 1/4 inch plate in my firebox and I'm guessing that'll warm up the vertical more. Haven't played with it enough.

Back