muffin pan chicken

I've got to admit, those mini loaf pans look like they are producing better color than I expected. Only wish my Bunt Pan Pork would turn out that good...

I know this has been said a lot on these forums, but just to say it again, Myron is a really great guy. He's friendly, and helpful.

BBQ Pitmasters is a TV show, and TV shows need ratings. If someone has to be the bad guy, well, I guess that's Myron, and honestly, without him, the show would be missing some excitement/controversy.

Do ya think that Simon Cowell is really such a jerk in his day to day life too?

C'mon.

My wife and I met Myron Sunday at the Royal and we found him to be warm, gracious, and a good conversationalist. I saw him several times over the course of the competition and he was always surrounded by people who wanted to meet him. There was no sign of exasperation when we walked up to him Sunday. If it had been me getting bombarded by strangers, I would have been rolling my eyes by Saturday. ;)

On the BBQ championship that aired on Versus season 1 and 2 he is cutting with the other people he is cooking against and having a good time.

About the chicken... listen the reason for muffin pan Is to create uniform chicken ... proper trimming. Is important... when u put them in the pan and "roll the thigh ". They lock their shape as they cook... here is what I do... I use shallow small aluminum pans I cut and trim all fat off thigh... remove skin and scrape back so the slimy fat is gone... I trim around bone leave ends attached insert a half a pat of better sprinkle with rub then I reattach skin and roll them nice... I fit 10 in a pan tight... sprinkle top with rub and then half a pat of butter on each.... I smoke for an hr and then remove from pan and smoke for an hr more... then I dunk in sauce... and one more hr back in smoker... then eat:)... I cook at 235...

Its just another process.

I love farkin' around with chicken, whether its just grilling indirect, using the Rib-O-Lator or Char-Broil basket, or smoking them in a shallow pan.

another thing is a team that we are friends with does it a little differant ... they leave skin on and only use pan for about 15 min... and only cook about an hr! high temp cooking ... but we both get calls on our chicken

Did this one in a mini loaf pan two weeks ago, took 4th place.

basinchick.jpg

Back