THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incredible. Some of my favorite threads on here are when somebody tries out a new (to me) protein. To clarify, you smoked it, Elrik?

One of my all time favourite dishes to eat when I'm in Mexico City, they call it "Cabrito" (a goat is a Cabra, so it's like "Little Goat") very crispy skin, always delicious.

20091201142835.jpg
I've been tempted to try a small goat, the Amish are raising meat goats for the local Mexican population, the last few years.

Goat

I've smoked Goat several times. I developed the taste in S. America and Mexico. I've smoked it similar to BBQ Venison. My father was an old time butcher and he used to BBQ Goat.

IMHO we need to get off the beaten path and try dishes from other cultures.
Some of it is delicious.

Last edited:
Bravo! We do a lot of goat, but usually gets curried, kebabed, or made into biryani. First time I've seen a goat leg done like that, but it looks farkin awesome. Must try it myself.

Can you give more details about the recipe and what temp you cooked at? Did you smoke it in a drum or kettle?

I've smoked Goat several times. I developed the taste in S. America and Mexico. I've smoked it similar to BBQ Venison. My father was an old time butcher and he used to BBQ Goat.

IMHO we need to get off the beaten path and try dishes from other cultures.
Some of it is delicious.

Please say more about smoking venison. I keep hearing elk, deer, bison is too lean to smoke and I want to hear something different, like yes, I smoke it and this is how I do it. Is a deer leg very different from a goat leg (other than size)? If this question is too much of a hijack, my apologies..... but I just had to ask. Is a deer, elk or bison brisket/packer so different from beef? I love multicultural cooking and I'd love to smoke some deer, elk, bison or even ostrich. Maybe an ostrich leg can be smoked similar to a goat leg?

Back