THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
In case you haven't seen enough prime rib already, here's another one!

We started off with a roast from Painted Hill Natural Beef (grass fed, grain finished). This 4 rib, 11.90 lb Choice roast was prepped at no charge by a local butcher (Main Street Meat & Fish Market):

IMG_6898.jpg

Unwrapped:
IMG_6899.jpg

On the Egg:
IMG_6905.jpg

It was cooked until IT hit 127, rested for about 12-15 mins while I got my triangle hanger and cast iron grill in and heated up, and then seared at 600+. Here's how it looked after a brief rest in the house:
IMG_6915.jpg

Time to serve:
IMG_6917.jpg

Finished temps ranged from 135-140 which were a little higher than I was shooting for but it all came out tender and delicious. Everyone was happy so I was too!

Nice job! It's easy to overshoot them temp a little. Once it hits 100 degrees or so it moves fairly quickly. If I do a reverse sear, I normally start it at in internal temp of 110 - 115.

$166, nice! Everytime someone asks us to cater smoked prime rib, I have to explain how expensive just the meat it!

Holy Smokes, that is some really great steaks!

I can not justify spending that kind of money on something I never done, so I keep looking and get more tips here and there. I will Probally pull the trigger next year.

Thanks for posting the Pron!

Nice job! It's easy to overshoot them temp a little. Once it hits 100 degrees or so it moves fairly quickly. If I do a reverse sear, I normally start it at in internal temp of 110 - 115.

Thanks for the advice Ron! I was surprised how quickly IT raised once it hit around 115. I was removing some chicken from my small Egg and then came back to find I'd overshot my target a little.

$166, nice! Everytime someone asks us to cater smoked prime rib, I have to explain how expensive just the meat it!

This was without a doubt the most I've ever spent on a single piece of meat! It added to the pressure of a successful cook.:pray:

Holy Smokes, that is some really great steaks!

I can not justify spending that kind of money on something I never done, so I keep looking and get more tips here and there. I will Probally pull the trigger next year.

Thanks for posting the Pron!

I had a practice run on a 4 1/2 pound 2 rib roast I found on sale for $4.99/lb & that gave me some confidence in tackling the big one! But I still feel like I could use more practice!

Back