THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caltuckian

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Ron
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on an Assassin 17 or 24 (analysis paralysis), and I want to add extra rack runners. My question is: what is the 'average' vertical height of a butt, brisket, and ribs? (Wish I had some in the fridge that I could measure)

I'm trying to figure out if I should add one additional runner and equaly space them (4.5" clearance), double the amount (so that I could do 3" if I want to do silly # of wings, or 6" for everything else), or some other odd combination of spacing. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, first post!

Give Jeff a call. He will put as many runners in as you want and can help you determine the best configuration for you.

Analysis paralysis--love this phrase--and went thru it! Spent about 9 months trying to decide on which IVC and finally narrowed it down to the LSG mini...then a Shirley 24X36 fell into my lap!

Wouldn't want less than 5" for a brisket or pork butt. I see the Assassin 24 has 2 shelfs which are only 4" apart. You could still take one shelf out of the 24 and still get 3 big briskets or 12 pork butts at one time--that's alot of meat! Do you see yourself ever cooking this much? For $600 more the 24 seems like a great deal with the extra shelf and wider shelfs. You could use the top 2 shelfs for brisket or butts and still cook six racks of ribs or tons of wings/thighs on the lower 2 shelfs. Maybe add an extra shelf when you want to cook that silly amount of wings/ribs for the neighborhood!

Hear nothing but great things about Assassin's. Good luck with your choice!

Back