MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

Afternoon all,

It seems the pellet grill thread steals a lot of the traffic, but I found this one and wanted to chime in.

I ordered a 2 Star the Friday before Memorial day at the start of the sale, today is the 6th week after order with a shipping window of 4-6 weeks, and the wait is killing me!

I'll survive but it's giving me time to overthink everything! I've changed my first cook a few times already.....

I'm not upset, just very anxious.

If I can find something decent after it arrives, it'll be a brisket and maybe pulled pork just because I can.

Seems like a great community here and a lot of support for the Mak's which isn't surprising, I hear they're ok :heh:

Ordered mine mid April and it took 8 weeks. It’s a phenomenal machine and worth the wait.

If I remember correctly, the doors, WiFi, BPS package with cover, one grill grate, 1/2 griddle, a 3/4 and full extra grate.

Once it's here, I plan on building a walk in shanty to extend the usable seasons like I had for my electric.

Can't wait, the list the kids are requesting keeps growing faster than my honey-do list! She wants ribs first now and may win.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Afternoon all,

It seems the pellet grill thread steals a lot of the traffic, but I found this one and wanted to chime in.

I ordered a 2 Star the Friday before Memorial day at the start of the sale, today is the 6th week after order with a shipping window of 4-6 weeks, and the wait is killing me!

I'll survive but it's giving me time to overthink everything! I've changed my first cook a few times already.....

I'm not upset, just very anxious.

If I can find something decent after it arrives, it'll be a brisket and maybe pulled pork just because I can.

Seems like a great community here and a lot of support for the Mak's which isn't surprising, I hear they're ok :heh:

I ordered a 2 star May 8th and received notification that it is scheduled for fedex to pick up this morning. Production delays due to supplies and manpower, just like almost all manufacturers now.

I got the kids at Christmas anxiousness too. I hear Fedex has bad delays too so get to watch it creep from Oregon to Iowa. Oh well, have to clean the new spot for it to go in so it gives me a bit longer to procrastinate!

I hope you get yours soon!

Got a couple of slabs of “Dino” ribs going today. Saw a “2 pack” at a Costco during our travels and decided I just had to.

Did a big experiment last night using a variety of grills and techniques. Was VERY impressed with the results. Had company over for steaks. Had 1 Tomahawk and 1 “Pinwheel” Ribeye cap. Smoked them both in the MAK after seasoning with Kosher Salt and fresh ground Tellicherry Pepper. Bear Mountain Oak pellets at 220*. The Toamhawk went for a bit over an hour to an internal of just over 100*, the Pinwheel for a half hour and an internal of mid 80’s. Pulled and into the Sous Vide at 129.5 for 2.5 hours or so.

Both pulled and patted dry. Onto the trusty Weber Kettle at screaming hot with the lid off. About 2 minutes on the first side and a minute and a half on the second side. Rested for 5-10 minutes.

Results: The Tomahawk was as good as any I had made before, and it would have been the star any other night.

But OMG! The Pinwheel was incredible! Fat perfectly rendered/cooked. Easily edible w/o being either charred or still “fatty”. Flavor was completely over the top and was preferred by everybody over the Tomahawk.

Sorry, no pictures of anything. Just can’t do it with Company over.

I may have a new favorite. A bit of work, but what the heck. I’m retired, I’ve got time, and I have fun.

Can’t really properly say how much I am enjoying the MAK 2* General. Absolutely worth it.

Got a couple of slabs of “Dino” ribs going today. Saw a “2 pack” at a Costco during our travels and decided I just had to.

Did a big experiment last night using a variety of grills and techniques. Was VERY impressed with the results. Had company over for steaks. Had 1 Tomahawk and 1 “Pinwheel” Ribeye cap. Smoked them both in the MAK after seasoning with Kosher Salt and fresh ground Tellicherry Pepper. Bear Mountain Oak pellets at 220*. The Toamhawk went for a bit over an hour to an internal of just over 100*, the Pinwheel for a half hour and an internal of mid 80’s. Pulled and into the Sous Vide at 129.5 for 2.5 hours or so.

Both pulled and patted dry. Onto the trusty Weber Kettle at screaming hot with the lid off. About 2 minutes on the first side and a minute and a half on the second side. Rested for 5-10 minutes.

Results: The Tomahawk was as good as any I had made before, and it would have been the star any other night.

But OMG! The Pinwheel was incredible! Fat perfectly rendered/cooked. Easily edible w/o being either charred or still “fatty”. Flavor was completely over the top and was preferred by everybody over the Tomahawk.

Sorry, no pictures of anything. Just can’t do it with Company over.

I may have a new favorite. A bit of work, but what the heck. I’m retired, I’ve got time, and I have fun.

Can’t really properly say how much I am enjoying the MAK 2* General. Absolutely worth it.

Man, all that mouthwatering description and no pics :(

Starting to get some good pull back on the Beef ribs. Will make some beans and Corn on the Cob as well.

7f444c42ce54a02d63a698d160d08eed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Costco Ribeye Cap “Pinwheel” seasoned with large flake Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper.
Into the MAK @ 225 for about 30-35 minutes. Pulled with an internal temp of 85-90 degrees. Into the Sous Vide at 129* for a couple of hours.
c3d661b4edc1d801363067ef33b16485.jpg

Anniversary dinner (36 years), so I can be as elaborate as I want. :mrgreen:

Awww…….. @$#!. Still trying to figure out the free version of Tapatalk. Allows me to post “live” photos easily. Old photos?….not so much.

Took a few more Pics, but it won’t allow me to select them.

Verdict: Very Good! But not as good as last time - much thicker Pinwheel this time. Probably the reason.

Still learning…..

Back