LVQuefest allentown pa non payment

Well you might want to call off the parade for your buddy. After making one weekly payment as promised, two weeks have been missed with no contact or explanation (excuse). He paid $200 of $10,000, crack open the champagne!

This man is not "my buddy", in fact I have never met him nor do I know anything about him other than the fact that he is an organizer.

As I detailed in a post a long time ago, you have the option of filing suit against him at any time to get the courts behind your attempts to collect the debt.

My personal opinion is that nothing is gained by poor-mouthing a debtor - since you are already smearing his reputation, what motivation does he have to care about making good on the obligation? This is not some faceless corporation we are talking about, but an individual person. If the recent St. Louis contest debacle taught us anything, it should be that money is less important than a human life. I'd rather feel foolish for being kind to somebody later proved to be undeserving than feel guilty for being part of a mob that pushed someone over the edge. Opinions vary of course, but that's me.

We received two payments totaling $325 of the $3,250 we are owed. The last one arrived 2/7/15. I messaged Greg a few weeks ago and told him that he is leaving us no choice but to take legal action and he told me not to threaten him, and lawyers don't scare him. So we can all see that the "good intentions" of the organizer were just another steaming pile.

Good luck with that. Your best bet is small claims court and representing yourself as it is under $10,000 in damages. Lawyers will eat all your money up but small claims court you might get something.

is BBQ the only sport where the sanctioning body has no power to handle matters of this nature and completely held harmless?

Glad to see someone trying to hold this guy responsible. It's a shame it went bad really PA could use more events.

Very disappointing.

From the article linked, it seems the organizer has not only failed to pay the promised cash prizes, but has also not paid KCBS and at least one vendor for services rendered. Clearly this event was not well executed, and the bad experience is likely to taint future attempts to hold future BBQ festivals in the area.

Everybody loses. :(

Very disappointing.

From the article linked, it seems the organizer has not only failed to pay the promised cash prizes, but has also not paid KCBS and at least one vendor for services rendered. Clearly this event was not well executed, and the bad experience is likely to taint future attempts to hold future BBQ festivals in the area.

Everybody loses. :(

Yeah really. It's a shame that this happened. I don't know that this was intentional to rip people off but I think a lack of experience in organizing an event contributed to this mess. With getting judges and table captains certified and having reps for kcbs you would think they might want to hold a class for organizers to get certified to organize an event heck even an online course just to let them know what they are getting into and how to handle it and make sure that everyone gets paid. I know that sounds weird because they should know what they are getting themselves into but for the inexperienced it may help deter unprepared organizers from making a mess and realizing how much work it is. It also may prepare the determined organizer to put on a fantastic event.

Then he came on here a couple months ago saying he was a good guy:roll:and that he was going to pay everyone and all of us don't know all the details and he is in contact with everyone that is owed money.

Simply put he is a piece of crap, a thief and a liar.

The event was disorganized, poorly run and from what I understand almost no advertising- there is a college right next door to it People Choice ribs were frozen left out in the open to the sun and bees and unattended

Back