LSG 24x48 at 275 degrees

musicmanj

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jay
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I've been reading and learning a lot from people over the last couple of months. I appreciate the community and all the great information passed on here.

I've been cooking on a cheap offset for the last 20 years, and it's time for an upgrade. Being in CA, local options are limited and I've all but decided on a Lone Star Grillz 24x48.

Is it possible to run this smoker at 275 instead of 225-250? Would I be adding 2 splits every 45-60 minutes instead of the single? I'm trying to get an idea on what to expect from wood/fire management. Most of the videos I've seen on youtube are people running LSG smokers at 225-250, but I would like to run hotter. I'm not sure if that means I'm adding wood more often, or adding more wood at the same interval.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jason

Sorry, I have 0 experience with stick burners...yet. I am sure you will get hit quickly enough.

I'd start with bigger sticks. Might do 2 smaller. But once up to 275 it should be rinse and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They do tend to have sweet spots but what they said ^^

If you run the vents wide open and throw the wood so you don't block the airflow (draft), you can scorch paint if you want too.

Most of them will have a "sweet spot" but, that doesn't mean you can't wander outside of the 'sweet spot'.

If you want to feed small splits, you can get awfully close to the SELF CLEANING mode of your home oven with a lot of them. :mad2:

Fuel, Oxygen, Heat! :thumb:

Back