Hello World

TheJLG

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
J
This is my first post, and I'm disproportionately excited.

I just placed my order for a LSG 20x42 Pellet. Historically been smoking on a Oklahoma Joe's offset or my Large BGE. I've been trying to determine for years which investment I wanted to make and am happy I pulled the trigger. I kept swinging from offset to reverse to insulated cabinet to pellet. A horrible recent brisket experience on the too-small offset and the obvious quality of LSG helped me jump into the world of more approachability.

Part of me is quite nervous that I will hate the pellet world. Part of me knows that I just don't have the time to properly manage a fire for as long as I'd ever want nor manage the hell that comes with wood sourcing and management.

Anyway, my toes are in the water and thanks to everyone's previous comments that helped me get to where I am today.

Sounds like a reasonable set of fears.

You probably made the right decision. I hope you can post some of your successes!

Cheers!

Bill

Welcome to the Brethren, and welcome to the wonderful world of pellet cooking! I was once in your shoes with a similar set up and decided to dip my toes into pellet cooking. That was back in 2015. I have come to absolutely love the versatility of pellet cooking. Got home from work yesterday and made smoked stuffed bell peppers for the family. I would probably never mess with other cookers on a work night to do that. Pellet cooking makes it super easy to cook outdoors way more often, and the results are consistently tasty :)

This is a great place -especially if you have an open mind- and a fat wallet. j/k

Want to feel popular immediately? Post something like: "I have $3000.00- I'm lost- help me buy a smoker" in no way j/k :-D

Back