THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
I currently have a Maverick redi chek ET-735. I haven't been happy with this unit due to it dropping its connection as soon as I walk inside the house. Looking for suggestions on a unit that will work some where besides outside and in line of site of the unit.

Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year!

Maverick XR-50
I had simular problems with 3 prior Maverick redi-cheks.
The XR-50 works great, $90. 4 probes. Reads inside the house where where no other remote units would work.
Magnetic back or hang or use stand.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

+1 for the Smoke from Thermoworks. Had mine for over a year now and have had no problems at all. Used for a bunch of long cooks and haven't had to change batteries yet. Also dropped the main unit from about 6 feet directly on to concrete and it didn't hurt it at all

I have had the fireboard for a month now and it is incredible! I love watching the charts and being able to save data and be able to see what the cooker is doing while I am inside (14 and snowing out right now!).

I have the Maverick 732 and the Thermoworks Smoke. I love the Smoke for ease of setup but if it has to go through more than one wall of the house, I lose signal constantly. My Maverick does better with reception than my Smoke.

I'm thinking of trying the Maverick XR-50.

Sorry to be late to jump in, but Fireboard has never been a problem and with 6 ports, provided lots of options. Had mine nearly a year and use all the time. As stated, the charting is nice and I'd also recommend the competition probe as well as the standard, Shorter and good for chicken or ribs.

Regardless of which specific brand and model, you want something that uses wi-fi instead of Bluetooth. That's assuming you have wi-fi in your house.

Thermopen and a clock. Wireless, unlimited probes and guaranteed to never lose connection.

That's some solid, old school advice but ....

If the Fella is dead set on a remote thermo- he's probably not going to take your suggestion. :grin:

I'd go with EdF's suggestion... whatever it is, make sure it has wi-fi. I don't own any wireless thermos -bluetooth would be fine for my tiny, crackerbox house but some folks have nice property with distances/structures that are not bluetooth friendly.

Back