Inkbird BBQ Wireless Thermometer (Long and lot of pictures)

Ron, I love you like a brother and trust your opinion. Thank you. As you know, I can't afford any new toys, but people always ask my opinion on all thing BBQ, so now I can tell them that this thermometer rates well with my friend, whom I trust. I appreciate you. Like I told you yesterday: you're cool, let's face it :)
And to answer your question: no, there was no doubt.
Looking forward to your review after this weekend's chimp. Blessings on that, BTW

Hey Ron, I was just thinking. I didn't get a birthday present from you last month - or for the last 8 years or shui for that matter. I don't want you to feel bad, or lose any sleep, so you can make it up to me with, oh, I don't know, maybe a wireless thermometer might be nice. See, you don't even have to think too long picking out a gift. See how thoughtful I am??? See?? I'm just thinking of you, brother. ;) You can bring it when you come visit me.

Based on this review, and others here, I decided to try the IBT-6X before giving up on Bluetooth and getting the expensive Fireboard at $240. Love it! Has never once cut out and has been accurate. Reviewed in more depth on Amazon and thought areas for improvement are too long probes and lack of magnet on the back. Did glue on my own magnets easily.

Inkbird asked me if I wanted to try the just released IBT-4XS so I said sure. In the interest of full disclosure they did reimburse the purchase.

It's also terrific as long as four probes max is enough. Built in USB rechargeable battery that was still at 95% after six hours. Magnets along with a nice sleek design.

Most important to me is that the probes are 6" long instead of 8" so I can again make it work with butts or brisket on the Yoder top shelf.

Separately I ordered and paid full price for a few of Inkbirds short stubby grate probe which are also working out great.

I have a full report up on Amazon and as far as I know am the only user to have tested this new model thus far. Thanks to fellow Brethren and Ken I no longer am in search of a wifi remote and have had my faith restored in Bluetooth. I've got the IBT-6X when I need six probes and the newer design IBT-4XS when four is enough. Both share the excellent BBQ-GO app. As I wrote in full review, hope graphing abilities will be improved but this is not a major concern for me.

Johnny

Last edited:
Back