Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Cortez,

No, of course not. The closest you will get to auto clean is to let your pit burn itself out with BV and vent fully open. Pit will hit almost 400 and everything on the grates will be carbonized.

Then it takes about 15 seconds to brush each grate and about 30 seconds to vacuum out the firebox and ash pan.

If it took me 30 mins to clean my pit, I would be finding a different way to do it, but that's just me.

But there is no water and no grease to empty, so that saves how ever long that takes. Do whatever process you want, use water, scrape the grease from your water pan, etc.

I posted my process, in detail, as asked BU others. It's simple. It's quick. It's less cleanup. It's different than yours. No big deal. You may like to clean for whatever reason.
Not my place to change your mind.

Your mileage may vary. Do whatever you want, it's your pit.

I am just saying that in my experience, water doesn't help anything end product wise, so I don't bother with the extra steps that water users have to do (cleanup, fuel consumption, refilling when water gets low, etc)

If I can't taste the difference in the BBQ then I don't do it.

Did some nekkid fattys yesterday...didn't really mix in a lot of hickory (it's what I had on hand, I prefer apple) fist sized chunks...came out pretty strong as far as smoke flavor.
May have to run her hotter with chunks or break 'em up. I was running 275 though...

Pulled chicken for today and going to run straight lump @ 325.

-D

Well it only sat there for 2+ weeks without me having time to get it out. lol We finally were able to get to it last night (thanks to the help of my Bro-in-law).

This dang crate, and how it's built around the smoker was crazy hard to get it rolled off. Ugh! lol

Anyway, here are some pics of it. Sorry they're bad, it was dark out. I'll get some better ones later when I get it cleaned up and seasoned. Might even shoot a vid of it. But that won't happen until Maybe tmrw., but likely not until this weekend.

96B62A1C-D35B-4722-94CE-A1A4FFCD6EC4_zpsqs8khokg.jpg

A4F50AFF-1EE6-4CE0-9FB5-F8BC91DB3BA8_zpsspbludw9.jpg

6B3405BD-5E1B-4848-8349-278C73E7449F_zps2v3oyxmm.jpg

53F80701-25AA-4AF6-8FF5-D13FDD603A52_zpswhi8bsa3.jpg

BF2CEDA5-85B0-4835-9A6E-241A5D476801_zpsojbix5lg.jpg

33E33C6D-CE48-40A0-9779-9FB880680C39_zpsrovgouz6.jpg

Yeah, those crates are tough. You should search for the pics of the one I had to create to send my Vertical Offset to Wookie. It weighed more than me easily...

Picked up my cabinet smoker from LSG today and as expected it's awesome. Been doing a seasoning run since 3pm and it's been hovering between 260 & 275 for 7 hours. I am now about 3/4 thru about 10-12lbs of wood chunks and charcoal mix.
My only regret - not buying one sooner. Once again LSG produces a work of art smoker.

Okay LSG owner.... I'm not a tech person, but wanna buy a Guru for my IVC to make it as set & forget as possible. And help get it up to temp quicker.

CyberQ vs DigiQ

Cyber is basically $100 more, has 3 meat probes vs. 1 on the Digi and (if I can figure it out), has Wifi capability for leaving home when cooking. Which will work great for being on duty and being able to run home if needed.

What say you??

Or , suggest other options if better (like Tapaque, or whatever)

Okay LSG owner.... I'm not a tech person, but wanna buy a Guru for my IVC to make it as set & forget as possible. And help get it up to temp quicker.

CyberQ vs DigiQ

Cyber is basically $100 more, has 3 meat probes vs. 1 on the Digi and (if I can figure it out), has Wifi capability for leaving home when cooking. Which will work great for being on duty and being able to run home if needed.

What say you??

Or , suggest other options if better (like Tapaque, or whatever)

I have both. My DiqiQ hasnt left its box since the CyberQ arrived. Its hands down the better choice with wifi and 3 meat probes. With that said, The IVC is so stable, the only time the fan is really in use is when you are trying to get the smoker up to temp...

I have both. My DiqiQ hasnt left its box since the CyberQ arrived. Its hands down the better choice with wifi and 3 meat probes. With that said, The IVC is so stable, the only time the fan is really in use is when you are trying to get the smoker up to temp...

You have a point. So far (only twice since received), it seems very easy and stable to use with just the ball valve. I just need to insurance so to speak for leaving home to work and only stop back by if need be.

The wifi would be very helpful if I can get it setup properly and learn it. (home wifi, have a wifi hot spot in my patrol car...operate through my iPhone...How easy is that to set up?)

You have a point. So far (only twice since received), it seems very easy and stable to use with just the ball valve. I just need to insurance so to speak for leaving home to work and only stop back by if need be.

The wifi would be very helpful if I can get it setup properly and learn it. (home wifi, have a wifi hot spot in my patrol car...operate through my iPhone...How easy is that to set up?)

https://bbqguru.com/content/pdf/CyberQFirmwareV2.3USERGUIDE.pdf

Section 11 of the PDF at the link posted above has the info you need. Not the easiest, but doable depending on your router.

Section 10...Email is your fail-safe if not...

Get the cyber q. I have both and wish I would have had the cyber q the whole time. With the extra probes, it is basically the same. Having the extra probes is nice, one will go bad at the most inopportune time.

I need some advice please. When I did my seasoning run the other day I controlled the temp manually, and all went well. Today I decided to cook some ribs and use my guru. Temps got away from and went to 290 with a target of 250. I was not using water. I know it says to put the exhaust and guru damper at 1/3 open which is what I did and the temps would not stop rising. Should the ball valve be at 1/3 open also when using the guru. It was almost like the guru was having trouble reading the temps. I used two different temp probes. An thoughts ????

Back